Android App Suggestion for recording calls.

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,275

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
A friend is looking for an Android App which can record calls (incoming mostly), the ones he could find expect the phone to be on loudspeaker & it will record that. He is looking for something that can run & record while in normal talking mode. Was told by some its not possible. Any ideas guys? I expect something to be there because several basic phones (even some of the ones I have personally used) have it.

right. this has definitely has been discussed before and i think the limitation is android based. google is not offering official apis for the same. last time we discussed symbian has many apps that offer this feature. of course, no luck on other mobile platforms as well. feature phones of course have custom operating system so it is possible for makers to include it as core functionality.

Thats too bad in that case. He had already been told the same by others, but I was thinking it should be possible. Will let him know then, thanks....

i cannot say with surety 😀 but the fact is that this is such a popular feature that if there were apps offering this functionality, it would have been more than popular 🙂

Yeah, I understand... Actually a couple of apps in Play store specifically mention turning loudspeaker on as without that it may not be possible as it is a software limitation from Google.

If your friend has his phone rooted. And have installed any custom rom that supports two way call recording. The call recording would work on normal mode. You can use any call recording app frm the market.

If there is no patch\script for two way call recording in the ROM's kernal. You may still flash the patch\script to make it work. You just need the phone to be rooted & ready to install custom rom.

Btw, wat phone does he own?

I use this on my htc desire. On normal mode it records both the incoming n outgoing calls loud & clear. Records from phone's inline ...

Yeah, I understand... Actually a couple of apps in Play store specifically mention turning loudspeaker on as without that it may not be possible as it is a software limitation from Google.

well these apps are probably recording the voice that plays from the speak and your mouth like a regular recording app. so that does not really change anything 😀

Its Galaxy Note (bought 4-5 months ago) .. And, no its not rooted...yet.

well these apps are probably recording the voice that plays from the speak and your mouth like a regular recording app. so that does not really change anything 😀

Yeah.. I guess even Google Voice can be used in that sense?

I meant it like calls received on that Google Voice app can be recorded in the same way using those recording apps.

ah well. i am not really sure what all google voice does. it does record voice mails but i don't think it record regular calls that you pick up.