• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,088

powerontop

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi Mods, Is there available, somewhere, rss feeds for individual forums. The current rss leeches all the forums which I am not interested. I want to monitor only few forums of choice. So is it possible to get rss feeds only for forums of choice?. I guess each forum must have its own rss feeds or by group. something like appending catid=xxx to current rss url would also do like most other forums on the web support.If not can it be considered in near future.

^ Its a good suggestion . may be difficult to
implement . however you could have posted
this at Suggestions and Complaints forum

rss is indeed available for individual forums but in current version of the forum i have to manually generate feeds and give links manually. ipb 2.2 is due to release in a couple of days. i am hoping it would do better on this front.

wow never noticed rss feeds are available.. would wait for new release

what you can do is tell me the forum names and i will see if i can give u the rss links here.

MTNL Triband Forum & MTNL backroom 🙂 These are essential to start with. I might want to add more in future but these are the immediate ones.

backroom? why dont i have access to it? i thought it reqed 250 posts.and u just have 88.god knows when i will reach that mark. most likely i will get tired beforei reach there. there should be provision to allow access to active members.otherwise i feel leftout.anyway. mountain ahead.

^^^It depends on number of posts or the oldness of being a member here. Also it may depend on the modz if they decide to give u access to the backroom.Remain active for few more days and then request modz (Sushubh) to give u access, he may or may not consider ur request... 🙂

yes Sushubh we do have some posts in Backroom although its not that frequent and not that exciting as GH does not work.... 🙁

Yes Sushubh this worked fine though not as refined as the normal rss. For instance I don't get Author, Categories, etc in this rss. Also today's post were not there. But I think its a good start.

this rss is generated by the forum software. the overall rss used on the forum is using a hack.