Unreliable Airtel Broadband Connectivity At My Place

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 7,797
They are awful. Airtel standards are above 27. Line is the culprit in your case.More is the SNR better is your line. When i forcefully got MTNL at my place i even got -1.5 as SNR 😛

oh cool. too bad they would not send technicians today. whole day is going to be awful. 😕

lol. i need more than 30 feet. i need something much much stronger. i guess i would exchange my router with a friend. that router is a TP-Link model with three antennas. should work better for me.

Oh! U seem to b living in a mansion! 😀 For us, 30 feet means Drawing room to bedroom....with kitchen & even the bathroom falling in between. Thats the maximum stretch for us!

The links i have provided are of share and of max. Share has much better range than basic that jaymin is using.They have Basic then Surf then Share then Max. Share should be more than enough.

What cable would they be changing ?

According to me they will not change any cable. The culprit is the carbon that gets deposited. They will clean the joints and re join them. He will be ready to go 😛

Oh! U seem to b living in a mansion! 😀 For us, 30 feet means Drawing room to bedroom....with kitchen & even the bathroom falling in between. Thats the maximum stretch for us!

i work in the basement of the house. and my room is pretty much on the opposite side of the house on the ground floor. too many walls in between and the distance is definitely much larger.

and i do not live in a flat right now 🙂 so floor area is pretty big at this place.

The problem is exactly what i am telling you. If you wanna do yourself its not a big deal. Open the boxes of fone line in your home upto your router and re join the cables after cleaning them preferably by thinner.

Rejoining will not push the snr from 6 to above 30, AFAIK. In fact , iirc, admin had gotten the carbon deposits removed just a while back.

According to me they will not change any cable. The culprit is the carbon that gets deposited. They will clean the joints and re join them. He will be ready to go 😛

carbon was cleaned around 15 days back when i was getting ping drops. i am going to seek wiring change even if they charge for it now. this is the only form of entertainment i have! no television man. i need my connection to work fine.

https://imgur.com/rGBht

this now. how come it is fluctuation so much without me doing anything with the wiring? 😀

Yes you will experience this fluctuations. Do try the receiver unhook trick if you can. Receiver trick use to work with MTNL most of the time

carbon was cleaned around 15 days back when i was getting ping drops. i am going to seek wiring change even if they charge for it now. this is the only form of entertainment i have! no television man. i need my connection to work fine.

https://imgur.com/rGBht

this now. how come it is fluctuation so much without me doing anything with the wiring? 😀

Hey ur attainable rate is 20000 .. So I think 8mbps and 16mbps plans r supported on ur line .. Isn't it?
I remember u saying in some thread tht 8mbps is not supported in ur area .. Did they upgraded or wht?