• Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 7,791

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Looks like my current Buffalo router has gone nuts resulting in insane connectivity problems. Could be Airtel though I am working on getting it checked. I might replace the wireless router considering I have been planning to upgrade to something with wider range. So, basically want a suggestion for a good quality wireless router with good range. My current one is installed in the basement. And it works well on the first floor but dies when I go to the other end of the house (on the ground floor itself).

currently running the connection directly connected to the modem bypassing the router. same shitty random disconnections again. airtel would send people to change the wiring tomorrow. would have to live with this till then. i hope that fixes my problem. i have to pay a bill of 2500 in the next two days. they are not making it easy for me to do it right now. connection got disconnected again while i was writing this post. excellent.

I too have a Belkin router, and it has a decent range......about 25-30 feet. Cant find out the model details, but this is what is written on the box - Basic Router, N150.

lol. i need more than 30 feet. i need something much much stronger. i guess i would exchange my router with a friend. that router is a TP-Link model with three antennas. should work better for me.

Check your SNR. Keep the modem page opened. And do keep an eye when disconnection happens. It happens mostly due to bad line. Also try to unhook the receiver of phone and keep it like that and try using the internet. That might help

phone line is not connected anymore. would keep an eye on the modem statistics.

^wtf . No wonder. This prolly has nothing to do with your router 😕 Usually, if the SNR goes below 6, the line looses sync which causes disconnections. You're operating on the edge 😛And prolly also the cause of your uploading woes.

Asus RT-N66U looks like something I would be interested in even though it is too much for my needs 😀wtf what? are these numbers bad? i have no idea actually 😀 last time airtel engineer came here he said that the numbers were fine. i was just getting random ping drops then. so these numbers could be very different then.