Wow, I seem to be out of sync is what's happening. This is kinda big. Too bad her career will also now be going downhill. Unless she turns out to be the lady Stephen Elop representing Google.

lol. there are a couple of theories. from what i have read. she did not give much time to google bosses about her departure. sources say that she gave a 23 hour notice. hard to say what is the truth. another theory is that ever since larry page took over the ceo job, mayer was no longer in real control. she became a pr face of the company. and this is the reason why she decided to leave google. considering the deals yahoo has signed up with microsoft (search and ads) and facebook (ads), i do not see yahoo getting close to google in the near future. my first intuition was also that we might see google and yahoo working closely together. but microsoft has literally tied up yahoo as tightly as they have tied up Nokia.

She is the last ray of hope for Yahoo.

Lolz weren't the last 3 ceo's also the last ray of hope for yahoo??? Anyway personally I feel yahoo should have taken the 44 bil MS offered it a few years back... Now I hardly think they will be worth even 10-15 bil

Yahoo becoming a part of users’ everyday routines.
A focus on core competencies (whatever that is!).
Being friendly to partners across a range of companies from mobile carriers to social networks to hardware makers.
A focus on shifting Yahoo’s platform to mobile.
An emphasis on thinking big and at scale, which Mayer called the “Rule of 100 Million. It presumably means attract that much of an audience to various products going forward.
And, of course, a new push to move faster and take ownership for your work.

What Marissa Mayer Said at Yahoo Employee Confab Today - Kara Swisher - News - AllThingsD

still looking hopeless.