Marissa Mayer as the CEO of Yahoo!

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Wow, I seem to be out of sync is what's happening. This is kinda big. Too bad her career will also now be going downhill. Unless she turns out to be the lady Stephen Elop representing Google.

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
lol. there are a couple of theories. from what i have read. she did not give much time to google bosses about her departure. sources say that she gave a 23 hour notice. hard to say what is the truth. another theory is that ever since larry page took over the ceo job, mayer was no longer in real control. she became a pr face of the company. and this is the reason why she decided to leave google. considering the deals yahoo has signed up with microsoft (search and ads) and facebook (ads), i do not see yahoo getting close to google in the near future. my first intuition was also that we might see google and yahoo working closely together. but microsoft has literally tied up yahoo as tightly as they have tied up nokia.

rajadeep

Regular
Regulars
Nov 9, 2007
Mumbai
She is the last ray of hope for Yahoo.

Lolz weren't the last 3 ceo's also the last ray of hope for yahoo??? Anyway personally I feel yahoo should have taken the 44 bil MS offered it a few years back... Now I hardly think they will be worth even 10-15 bil

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
Hope Yahoo comes up with something good soon.Atleast ramp up the features of flickr which is the only good product in yahoo's stable and seems to be going down

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sushubh Apps 1