• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 1,873

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
what are the most unholy numbers???

few months ago on baisakhi day i went with my relative who had a meeting with a bulder for the deal of a flat but bulder refused to do any deal that day and even refused any advance payment that day, he just didnt wanna talk business that day..............because.

i was shocked because builder was very very reputed one his business building in which we were invited by broker was alone worth 100 crores and was outrightly owned, i mean that kind of big builder beleved in such a thing

i thought it was an unholy day in west and not in india , but still he refused. i donno why , any guesses??

There are lot of such things that people follow. My office building does not have a Floor 13. After 12, it moves to 14.Inspiration from the west, I guess.Superstitions are something that people catch from others pretty quickly...I am sure you would have heard about players being asked not to move from their seat when someone is playing well and all that.People have postponed flight journeys on Sep 11. I would have understood if someone said they fear anniversary attack, but the reason given was unlucky day 😕

It was very surprising. Since I work in one of the lower floors, I did not notice it for about 2-3 months 😕

hmm.......its extremely common in the west but in India not that much ,but its catching up because of maybe globalization or something, or fear of loosing something(money or luck) after making..............whatever, i am going now for some monday eve beer party, will come back and share some interesting facts about number 13 later.😛eaceful:

Ok.. But, yeah the inspiration is from the west. Some MNCs or service based companies may not like to have a 13th floor as that may scare potential western customers. Also, any untoward incident happening to anyone may cause people to say the floor is jinxed & cause rumours to spread or create a panic. Personally, dont care. Builders also may think about unsold apartments. In India you probably have "Kali Billi Raasta Kat Gayi" - In other words, a black cat crossing in front of you is considered a bad omen. And perhaps more common.My mom used to ask me not to cut nails after sunset. The reason given - "Elders used to say so". I used to joke - they probably did not have any electricity & wanted to avoid injury :laugh: . She eventually gave up 😛

My mom used to ask me not to cut nails after sunset. The reason given - "Elders used to say so". I used to joke - they probably did not have any electricity & wanted to avoid injury
My mum tells us not to cut nails inside the house. she tells us to always cut it outside :]

There was a comedy series (2 seasons of 13 episodes each) based on superstitions on DD called Choti Badi Batein - It dealt with various superstitions. One was cutting with nails. The superstition was that if you cut your nails & let them spread on the floor (or something similar), your house will be burgled.

I never followed all this 13, 23, nails cutting, dont keep one slipper on another , black meow meow stuff :Flush:

It came in 1986 & a repeat in early 90s

Climb Media (India) Pvt. Ltd.

This hilarious, endearing sitcom starring Maya Alagh, Ashok Saraf and others was rated among the best series, garnering the highest TRPs for its time. This series portrays the eccentricities of a superstitious lady and the problems arising with it. It takes a dig at the fake astrologer, the dubious saint, the superstitious shop-keeper and our everyday superstitious quirks.

I was too young, but they had recorded it on VCR & I used to watch it again & again.

dont keep one slipper on another

Thats related to travel right. I mean, if you find one slipper on another, you would be travelling shortly.

Superstition was used in the serial I mentioned above & also the more recent popular serial Dekh Bhai Dekh.

Maybe same action has different meanings. I am confidently saying as it was shown in two separate serials, one from the 80s & the other from the 90s.