[Urgent] Need android phone upto 6000bucks.

atleast 1ghz processor.

Why not add a shaving kit while you are it 😛

Upvote 0
there are plenty of phones with 1ghz processor under 6k. Micromax have most of them ..but holding back since the brand is micromax.again since beggars can't be choosers, am thinking of taking the risk and go for micromax

Upvote 0
I would strongly recommend Micromax A87. Its priced at Rs 6000 but you can get discount from various online sellers with coupons.+ Its Android version is Gingerbread 2.3.5 (Dont expect ICS update.)+ (USP of device) 4inch large display with 800x480 pixels. Really nice and crisp display. Cant distinguish pixels. Good for browsing and video viewing.+ Good 1gig Qualcomm processor. Pinch to zoom, auto-rotate works well.- Though VERY LOW RAM of 256MB, and available to user is 50 or 60 MB but its adequate for general use. (No high-end games or apps.) You may have to free memory before using some apps or browsing.- Low 512MB internal storage.- 2MP camera, dont expect anything. No front cam, no video calling. Guessing no skype as well.+ Dual Sim, 3G, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, GPS.- No music equalizer! (LOL) Very basic music player. But you can always download app from Google play.I ordered it from eBay with 10% discount for Rs 5400. Dont know if coupon will work for you too or not but here it is: CM8GPRSF42.If coupon doesnt work, look for other discount coupons online. Always shop with a target price. Dont pay what they ask. If you dont find any coupon now, wait and watch out. You will definitely get one.

Upvote 0
yes. Apart from Galaxy Y ..samsung doesn't have low end android phones.Also since i've used samsung before, not interested in it. Sony doesn't have worthy phones under 6k.awesome xs.dhaval. i just need battery backup, music player and GPS. Screen looks good but users reported ram available is only 130mb. Anyways whats the battery backup on A87 with real life conditions?

Upvote 0
I have used Micromax Q7 before.
MAN what a phone! I used it for about 1 year but my use was too rough, but boy, this phone was also really tough! Dropped and smashed plenty of times, it just wont give up! It never really stopped working, except lately its track ball stopped to work.

Cant say anything about superfone/ninja series. Lets see.

Anyways whats the battery backup on A87 with real life conditions?

with 2-3 hours of web browsing over wifi, some video watching, it would last for 1.5 day. As its a dual sim phone, dont expect much. Just charge it at the end of the day.

Also should keep in mind that in my college, the network coverage is very very poor. So mobile has to continuously search for signals for two sims. It would drain too much battery power.

Upvote 0
i know right. I've seen a feature phone of micromax and its build quality was good. thought it'll be like chinese phone but no. anyways you said you ordered it on ebay. Didn't get the phone still?

Upvote 0