• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 7,303
Status
Not open for further replies.

radiance

ISP
BSNL 3G
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere in the forum. I have got a new aircel 3G connection and speeds are arounf 300kbps(near Bellandur, Bangalore). However, the worst part is that the 3G connection stays for 10-15 seconds and switches to 2G for the next 10-15 seconds. Only rarely does the 3G stays as it is for more than a few minutes. This is very irritating. The APN I am using in connection profiles(am using an unlocked BSNL data card) is aircelgprs.com and number *99#. Is there anything I could change(except the datacard😉 for better connectivity?

^your location could have poor 3G coverage and in that case, network switchover is very obvious if you set it to Auto network mode.. Better Force 3G or WDMA mode

^your location could have poor 3G coverage and in that case, network switchover is very obvious if you set it to Auto network mode.. Better Force 3G or WDMA mode

Thanks. That makes sense. Changed connection to manua-hsdpa. Will see for a day and update the thread in case of any problems.

same happened to me i manually selected 3g mode on phone no switching to 2g now.. even if the network is low😡🙁😛

^That isn't possible.

Even impossible says 'I m possible'... lol... why would I make this up dude??? With 'Network selection' of 'Manual' and mode selection 'UMTS/HSDPA' I still see 'Edge' network at times... I don't think there's '3G only' kind of setting in BSNL datacard..

anyways I think these are aircel's tricks.. Network is not bad. As I said I get close to 300kbps also but at regular intervals it drops to 2G and then switches again to 3G.. probably their way of saving bandwidth.. and at least people can't complain that they are not getting 3G speeds.. clever huh??

plus I can't rule out competitors messing with BTS towers also(if that is possible).. My BSNL SIM was working so well but all of a sudden speeds dropped drastically🙁

Alright. New problem. The Aircel SIM has stopped working altogether. 3G & Outgoing calls barred. Customer support said SIM has been deactivated(I am able to receive calls however). Called them couple of times and everytime got different replies a) Someone will call within 24 hours to validate(no one called) b) Press so and so options after dialing 121(their customer support).. I reached TPIN generation section!! Does it have to do anything with activating the SIM??? c) BEST REPLY. Customer support cannot help. Go to Aircel office !!!I got to know after reading complaints in consumer forum that others have also faced this call barring problem.. I talked to the vendor from whom I got the SIM. he also asked me to contact customer support. Should I get hold of him again?? would this be his fault (not sending the id proofs in time etc)??

Status
Not open for further replies.