I got the MTNL 3G Jadoo USB but it's giving PPP error while connecting?

• Thread starter Thread starter nevillek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,360

nevillek

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband/Hathway
I just got this 3G dongle and when I put it in the laptop, it installs well and then after selecting the 3G Prepaid as my APN and trying to 'connect', I keep getting a PPP error. Does anyone know why?

Hmm. The number to be dialled is *99# and the APN should be mtnl.net Should work fine.

Hmm. The number to be dialled is *99# and the APN should be mtnl.net

Should work fine.

Wow, the default apn was mtnlgprs something and I changed that to what u said and voila! It's working!

Thanks a lot!

Any idea on how often it disconnects/refreshes?

p.s. OH CHRIST, i just did a speedtest and the download speed shows just 500ish KB/s....!!! is it not 3g? And now suddenly, it dropped and the mtnl prog shows 'searching..' in top with the red arrow... i changed the network to Auto from UMTS/HSDPA and now it shows EDGE..but net looks sickening slow then...i changed it back to HSDPA and it shows SEARCHING... dont know what to do.. ok now it's showing HSDPA.. but hardly 1/4th of the bar

switch to 3g Only mode

Where is that option???

The MTNL blue box is always showing 'Searching...' with red bar in the black box ont he top left and sometimes shows 1/4th green bar and UMTS..that's all

Ok guys.. I took it near the windows and getting HSDPA 1 bar/2 bars... working fine then... can't it get better?

Where is that option???

The MTNL blue box is always showing 'Searching...' with red bar in the black box ont he top left and sometimes shows 1/4th green bar and UMTS..that's all

Well I guess All Modem Have Different config page so AS does MTNL

For me i have Huawei E355 modem
3g Mode can be found on

either if you can enter like normal modem login page
as

MObile network Setting -> Network -> 3g preferred or 3G only MOde or some as GSM etc etc

Really MTNL 3g is awful service some times i get or sometimes i dont
avg Good 3G speed wg=hat i got outdoors is somewhere around 550-650kbps download speed as m having unlocked huawei modem that support 21MBPS speed

so as for your case

You are having 3.1MBps
Roughly it should support Download speed upto 300-350kbps

As mtnl have upgraded there speed but not the 3G modem
so currently modem speed support upto - 3.1mbps

but
mtnl current speed which is showing from multiple sources somewhere 7.1 mbps ie
800-880kbps

may be speed gets upgraded in near future to 21 mbps depn upon mtnl aunty`s

m sorry i couldnt reply earlier i dont got any quote notification

hey.. thanks.. i have another software installed for the 3G Jadoooo... BUT it works ok right now.. I just want a better plan than 4.4 GB but lesser than 15 GB and there's no such plan

Where exactly has mtnl upgraded to 7.2mbps ?

delhi
i asked dealer and the some person that are experiencing as MTNL staff not like typical aunty 😀
then i purchased d sim
and lol i got avg speed as 500-600kbps ie download IDM
so that means

500x8 = 4mbps
600x8 = 4.8mbps

i didnt try any new method for upgrading speed like antenna etc

hey.. thanks.. i have another software installed for the 3G Jadoooo... BUT it works ok right now.. I just want a better plan than 4.4 GB but lesser than 15 GB and there's no such plan

Check here which plan suits you best

3G Prepaid

Wtf, I was in Delhi all weekend. 😕 where in Delhi ?

Where were you all weekend?