Champions League T20 discussion thread - 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 4,995
India Cricket News: Virender Sehwag suffers ankle injury against South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

Virender Sehwag could be a doubt for the Champions League T20 after he strained a ligament in his left ankle during India's final Super Eights match in the World Twenty20 against South Africa in Colombo.

Sehwag went off the field during South Africa's innings and did not return. It was reported that he would need two weeks of rest. Sehwag had given up the Delhi Daredevils captaincy for the Champions League, which begins on October 9, but remained a key member of their squad. Delhi are scheduled to open their campaign on October 13 in Centurion.

Feel he would skip just the 1st two games or so ... Unless he wants complete rest before England series .. or somehow play now & rest during England series :sinister:

It will take lot more failures to drop them.. Maybe once they start losing to Ireland, Bangladesh & Zimbabwe regularly...

India Cricket News: Virender Sehwag suffers ankle injury against South Africa | ESPN Cricinfo

Feel he would skip just the 1st two games or so ... Unless he wants complete rest before England series .. or somehow play now & rest during England series :sinister:

As expected

Sehwag declared fit to play in CLT20: reports : Cricketnext

Delhi Daredevils' opener Virender Sehwag has been declared fit to play in the upcoming Champions League T20 tournament, starting on Tuesday in South Africa, but he could miss the first match against the IPL champions, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).

Just realized, preliminary round of the tournament has already started.

Champions League T20 news : Injured Dwayne Bravo and Upul Tharanga out of Champions League | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 | ESPN Cricinfo

West Indies allrounder Dwayne Bravo will not take part in the Champions League for Chennai Super Kings due to a thigh strain. He has been replaced by the Sri Lankan fast bowler Nuwan Kulasekara in the squad that is already in South Africa.

Bravo played in the World Twenty20 final in Colombo which West Indies won by 36 runs against Sri Lanka. Super Kings have also lost batsman S Anirudha, who will be out of action for six weeks after fracturing his right clavicle during the Challenger Trophy in Rajkot. He has been replaced by the left-arm spinner Shadab Jakati.

Upul Tharanga, the Sri Lanka opening batsman, will be out of action for Uva Next due to a broken finger. He has been replaced by Ashan Priyanjan, the right-handed batsman, who led Sri Lanka in the 2008 Under-19 World Cup in Malaysia. Priyanjan didn't play in the Sri Lanka Premier League Twenty20 tournament held in August, which Uva won to qualify for the Champions League.

Yorkshire's Jonny Bairstow was ruled out due to a wrist injury and his replacement is the 18-year old wicketkeeper Ed Wilson.

damn cricket. week after week there's atleast one cricket thread in latest topic pane .. last week t20 world cup and now this :/ Am fed up of cricket.

And saw 2009 big bash final ..it was soo different. I mean the number of cameras they were using is phenomenal. Umpire head camera, overhead camera, and also the style of video ..it was fast and shaky and fun! I recommend people to see big bash from now on.

Chris Gayle 120 METER SIX in THE BIG BASH - YouTube

I already watch it occasionally.... But IP-L having more Indian players will obviously have more following.

So out of 4 I-P-L teams, 3 have lost and DD won from KKR. Seeing the level of our I-P-L teams 😀

So out of 4 I-P-L teams, 3 have lost and DD won from KKR. Seeing the level of our I-P-L teams 😀
You cannot judge from a single round. The same thing was said about the quality of IPL teams (DC, DD, RCB) when none of those 3 managed to qualify for the semi finals in 2009.
The next year, CSK won the CLT20 in South Africa. Last year, MI won it in India.
These are early days. We shall see.