• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,392

powerontop

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi, I am seeing this wierd behaviour since last 1 month with MTNL BB in Mumbai where after getting connected to BB(i.e getting IP Address) still it takes 5 min to get reply from the server. Very weird. So basically this is what happens.1. I dial MTNL BB(am using bridge mode).2. MTNL connects me well and I also get IP Address and using MTNL DNS.3. Ordinarily I can open my browser and start surfing but since last 1 month this does not happen and browser keep connecting until timeout. Until it is close to 5 min since connect.4. After 5 min connection, suddenly sites start resolving and I can surf as usual. If I try to reconnect say when downloading from file sharing sites to start another download immediately, DAMN, Go to Step 3. Same wait for 5 min before sites starts resolving automatically.Anyone facing/faced this wierd behaviour in ur Mumbai BB? Since ADSL is stable and I get IP etc also fine, post 5 min connection is also good, I cannot complain to the cartoon network(MTNL Cust. support) as they will say 'Hamara problem nahi hai, ADSL to chal raha hum kya kare'. Anyone facing this similar problem?

Yep, I'm facing similar problem + much more, as highlighted in my thread... But seems today its working really well, getting full 2mbps speed and fast surfing 😛 I'm from Mumbai, btw. What about you?

It seems to be some DNS issue to me.Some sites were not opening but after using Google DNS, it was resolved.I am from Delhi.