Apple iOS

one of the things for example, there are hell lods of apps which will cost you.. But then after jail breaking you can get those apps for free!Hope Admin wont mind me posting this.

That's the killer feature? Piracy? Anything else for those of us who didn't go bankrupt after shelling out for the iDevices?

Really? I had no idea!

I was asking which apps/features you couldn't live without. Coz I couldn't find any worth the trouble. But then I'm not that up to date when it comes to jailbreaking so not sure if I missed something.

XBMC

Whatsapp.

Swype Keyboard

Downloading torrents

Installing themes

SBSettings

I have a jail broken phone. Helps me run Siri on my iPhone 4. Further, using 3rd party APIs I can ask Siri to find me nearby restaurants etc. She does a decent job at that. Plus, Facebook and Twitter integration is possible that way.

BitesmsIntelliscreen XBarrelCallbarPMPBytafontOpenbackupActivatorDisplaycandyMaximizationSiri tweaksZepplinNCsettingsOctopus keyboardApplockerSwipebackUnlockizeCardswitcherAirblue sharing and more...

Guess I'm not missing much. Nothing sounds like a must have to me. Torrents would be the biggest reason if I actually cared much about them. I still tried the torrent app on a jailbroken iPad 2 last month and it didn't work at all. For the odd torrent I really want, there are other ways to download on your iPad without any need for jailbreaking.

Guess I'm not missing much. Nothing sounds like a must have to me. Torrents would be the biggest reason if I actually cared much about them. I still tried the torrent app on a jailbroken iPad 2 last month and it didn't work at all. For the odd torrent I really want, there are other ways to download on your iPad without any need for jailbreaking.

You're missing a lot, you'll notice once you get your hands on 'em.

You're missing a lot, you'll notice once you get your hands on 'em.

Maybe someday. Right now I don't even have a pc to jailbreak the iPad. Will have to borrow one from my brother just for jailbreaking. Hence my reluctance at giving it a shot unless I'm fully convinced on its benefits.

Last time on launch of iOS5 it took me over 3 hrs to download tht 300mb file ..I guess it will be worse today .. 😀Btw the update will be available OTA or need to get it through itunes?

Considering Apple stated the last time around that they wanted to make the iPhone PC free, I think it should also be available OTA. Last time I just downloaded the ipsw file from a third party website and used it. :smile: But then last time there were so many major changes that I just couldn't wait. Not much in iOS6 for the Indian user. And since I have to remain jailbroken to enable Siri to run on my iPhone 4, I will wait till an untethered jailbreak is available (which might take a long time though).

Apple ios updates have been ota since version 5 i think. i mean they are delivering desktop operating system updates ota these days. that is like phenomenal. or maybe not because linux distros have done it for like ever. i want to see how windows 8 update would be like.

@rodeoz I have factory unlocked iPhone 4 .. But want to jailbreak it ..Can u message me some url which can help in jailbreaking my phone ..Also what other things one can do with jailbreak phone? Will it allow facetime over 3g?