• Thread starter Thread starter probuddha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 14,424

probuddha

Regular
ISP
SITI Broadband
Hello friendsI am currently subscribed to the 100 Rs 3G pack (postpaid) which gives me a data usage limit of 300 MBBut I am considering switching to a 2G pack with a 1GB limit instead, since I mostly check my emails and stuff for which I guess 2G would be enoughIs there a 2G pack with a 1Gb limit for postpaid connections? If there is, could you please let me know how I can activate it?Thanks

Yes... There is a Rs.95/- Postpaid GPRS pack which gives you 1GB data Usage with 30 days validity.... (Pro rata basis..)SMS ACTGPRS95 to 111

Thanks for your reply AmarThe Vodafone Nodal desk called me and informed me that the activation for this pack (Rs 98/ 1GB) needs to be done from their end since a user cannot activate it himself/ herself by sending an SMS or through an USSD codeIs this true? Have you activated this pack yourself before?Thanks again

So my 2G data pack was activated on the 27th of SeptemberHowever I am unable to check the data usage from my phone, the nodal desk informed me that there's no way to do that yet.Is that true? Has anyone been able to check their 2G data usage (postpaid) from their phone?Please adviseThanks

AFAIK .. There is no way or I havent come across. I have installed an App which provides me that info.

I just looked up and found one that worksSend SMS "DATA BAL" to 111 and it sends you the data usage detailsDeleted Member 7160, could you please try it and tally it with your counter app to see if they're both recording the same usage?Thanks

Hello Probuddha,

Please share your contact number with us at http://bit.ly/TfFy7x We will have it checked and get back to you with the details.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

Hello Probuddha,

Please share your contact number with us at http://bit.ly/TfFy7x We will have it checked and get back to you with the details.

Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care.

I converted to a postpaid connection recently. Activated the 198Rs 3GB 2G pack. Also realised that they keep charging 10p/10kb to the unbilled amount and only give the data benefit after bill generation. Though I don't think I will be using much of my data plan (Who can on shitty Edge speeds!), I was wondering if anyone got their credit limit exhausted because of this. The customer care guys told me that the data unbilled usage is not counted while determining whether you have crossed your credit limit (which can theoretically cross Rs 30,000 if I exhaust all the 3GB of free data). Also, they confirmed that the plan is auto-renewed. Correct, guys? Wouldn't want to run up a few thousands of unbilled amount only to realise that the plan was stopped after one month and all the unbilled stuff gets added to the billed stuff. Already regretting postpaid.

No, the credit limit won't be affected for the data usage, for example - my cr limit is 1500 and my unbilled already stands close to 2800 and the number is still up and running.Yes, the pack would be auto renewed, unless advised otherwise - just like the 3G packQuestion - were you able to activate this pack yourself? The Nodal desk had informed me that 2G packs for postpaid can only be activated/ deactivated at their end, we cannot do it through any SMS or by running an USSD

Hey thanks!I wasn't able to activate it myself. Had to call the customer care.