Hurricane YOU 12 Mbps vs. UN-1300-N

aDarkerKnight

ISP
Hathway
Hello all. I'm a new member here. I have been planning to switch to YOU broadband for a while now. I'd been checking their broadband tariffs on their site and I came across some pricing that seemed a bit illogical.Hurricane YOU 12 Mbps12 Mbps till 25GB, and from then on 1MbpsCost: 1212UN-1300-N1 Mbps throughoutCost: 1578Both the plans are unlimited. So, can someone please explain to me why the 12Mbps plan is cheaper than the 1Mbps plan. The post FUP speed of the first plan is 1Mbps anyway. Is there something really obvious that I'm missing here?Any help would be great. Thanks

This is even worse than buying a half-plate v/s full-plate chowmein.

Its a no brainer really .. go for hurricane 12mbps plan till 25gb and thereafter 1 mbps unlimited .. you are right some of the plans of you telecomm are baffling to say the least ..

Both the plans are unlimited. So, can someone please explain to me why the 12Mbps plan is cheaper than the 1Mbps plan. The post FUP speed of the first plan is 1Mbps anyway. Is there something really obvious that I'm missing here?

Any help would be great. Thanks

With UN-1300-N you can go for static IP and with the Hurricane plan you cannot.

Recently switched over to YOU ISP. For me static IP is a must. So opted for 512 unlimited with static IP and I have observed that I get the full 512 always be it tested with servers in US or Australia or within Inida (ping increases outside india).

I guess that would make sense. Turns out YOU has no coverage in my area anyway. This sucks. 🙁

Recently switched over to YOU ISP. For me static IP is a must. So opted for 512 unlimited with static IP and I have observed that I get the full 512 always be it tested with servers in US or Australia or within Inida (ping increases outside india).

And now planning to shift out. Too slow in handling service requests! Either Go Back to Airtel or try Reliance!

@Sandeep Rao: Can I know what is the service issue that you are facing...

It is my expectation that a service request should be resolved by say 2 days and that does not seem to happen.

The challenge is that CC does not fix up a date / time before visiting as I am available only during late evenings. Also it looks like they do not understand the problem statement.

@ Sandeep Rao: Can you please share your Userd ID?

Can I request you to tell me why I should I share my user Id with you. If you are from YOU broad band do let me know.

@Sandeep Rao

Hope you received a call from a concerned person from YOU Broadband.

Generally I try to avoid sharing issue details on public forum. But you are forcing me.

Yes one person did visit my place yesterday, only to wait as the fibre was cut and no connectivity was there.

For past two days I have no internet connectivity.

Added to that today I am being told 24 hours turn around time means not 1 day but 3 days of 8 working hours. Only after that we will be allowed to speak to seniors.

And now planning to shift out. Too slow in handling service requests! Either Go Back to Airtel or try Reliance!

Sent disconnection request mail today!

Sent disconnection request mail today!

No response acknowledging the receipt of my disconnection request till now. When I call up customer care they say they cannot take request now since some upgrade is in process.

I need a confirmation from them that they have received my disconnection request. Anyone who has got any suggestion please do let me know.

No response acknowledging the receipt of my disconnection request till now.

Finally managed to get a SR ID for disconnection yesterday evening! A big relief!