MTN L Broadband New Delhi - Strange Costs and Charges

sunandoghosh

ISP
depends
Hi Friends,s
After lot of deliberation and suffering
( https://broadband.forum/broadband-in-india/81226-new-delhi-malviya-nagar-gurudwara.html )

I have finally decided to take MTNL broadband. I was contacted by MTNL executive lady and she informed me that FIbre to home is not available in Malviya Nagar new Delhi.

So I am going for broadband. She said me following:

1. Landline is compulsory if i want to take broadband even though broadband has a separate line. (Wonder why?)

2. She said that I have to pay rs 500 and that too in cash to distribution person who visits my home.

3. If i take modem cum wifi router I have toi pay Rs 1100 (one time non refundable) and also pay rs 75 per month rental charges. further this one time charge of 1100 is non refundbale and i have toi return router / modem on disconnection in future??

I am really surpised and appreciate your inputs / suggestions / commnets.

yup 500 in cash + 300 ( without modem or Wifi ) in bill. me found that strange too but its MTNL so can't do much about it, many times i was even worried that if the guy who i gave the money to is real or not lolz.Better get your own modem or wifi... than to pay rent and all....I am more pissed that even now there are no cheap 2MBps plans out there by MTNL or any other ISP !

check this plan for mtnl ...take a printout of this plan before going to mtnl.

Promotional Broadband

yup 500 in cash + 300 ( without modem or Wifi ) in bill. me found that strange too but its MTNL so can't do much about it, many times i was even worried that if the guy who i gave the money to is real or not lolz.

Better get your own modem or wifi... than to pay rent and all....

I am more pissed that even now there are no cheap 2MBps plans out there by MTNL or any other ISP !

check this offer also http://mtnldelhi.in/bb_news_041011.htm

last date for that was somewhere in 2011 lolz !

seems i have no option. the reason i am going for their modem router is that least if connection does not work they will replace it else i will be left of my own

seems i have no option.

You have an option.
No registration charges. No Security Charges. if you use your own Modem, your initial setup will be free.

But before entering MTNL Broadband, mind it, this is not for feeble hearted.

With MTNL you are on your own.

Do not expect any kind of support from MTNL.

MTNL staff is incompetent, they are duffers and they don’t want to work.

And by mistake if you ask them to solve your problem and their support person comes to premises to solve it, there is every possibility that he might make it worst.

Having said all of the above, I have been using MTNL broadband since it has been launched in Delhi.
Had problems off & on but managed.

To solve your problem at MTNL, you have to be patient, persistent and guide them.

Sorry Friend my fault didn't see the offer expiry date.the offer expired on 2nd september2012. But i have noticed that they keep on extending this offer, as mentioned in the offer page. Hope you are lucky!!!

@ijsa No. I just recently got a MTNL connection on my own modem and there charges of RS 800 is fixed irrespective of whether you take the modem from them or not.One more thing MTNL will not give you any slitter either if modem is not taken from them.

@ijsa

No. I just recently got a MTNL connection on my own modem and there charges of RS 800 is fixed irrespective of whether you take the modem from them or not.

One more thing MTNL will not give you any slitter either if modem is not taken from them.

No need of splitter if you are using this line for broadband only.

And if your line quality happens to be on the lower side, you are bound to face disconnections without a splitter.

@ijsa

No. I just recently got a MTNL connection on my own modem and there charges of RS 800 is fixed irrespective of whether you take the modem from them or not.

One more thing MTNL will not give you any slitter either if modem is not taken from them.

Friend,

Please read the link I have put.

Anyway quoting from MTNL link for you.
Plan Name - Trial BB Plan 1099
Initial charges(non refundable, inclusive of Taxes) - 1099/- (to be taken at the time of booking)
Validity - 3 months
Down load speed - 2Mbps upto 5 GBs and 512 Kbps thereafter
Upload speed - 512 Kbps
O/G Facility - Unlimited calls within MTNL, Delhi/Mumbai network
Free Data Download - Unlimited
Registration Charges - Nil
Security charges - Nil
Note :
- Customer accepting the trial offer has to opt / choose any regular broadband plan and telephone plan / Combo Plan within 3 (three) months
to continue the service. If the subs regularize the connection within one month, he will be offered Rs. 750/- discount which would be adjustable
in the forthcoming bills.
- No other initial charges or security charges will be taken on regularization after trial period.

So initial setup is almost free from MTNL side if you have your own modem, with the above plan.

As for the splitter, you would most probably get with your new modem. If not, you can buy for 20-50Rs from market or offer the same amount to the lineman & get it.

THANKS Guys all...But now MTNL collection guy is promising daily but not turning up to collect documents and Rs 500...this is fourth day....i am calling him and he promises and does not show up...God what should I do???why is this so toiugh???

@ijsaarre yar that was for 2011 u don't get it lolz. If u check out MTNL BB website and look for freedom 800 plan u will see the charges mentioned there too for 2012.

@ijsa

arre yar that was for 2011 u don't get it lolz. If u check out MTNL BB website and look for freedom 800 plan u will see the charges mentioned there too for 2012.

Definitely, I dont get you.

You could have joined MTNL Broadband up to 02-09-2012 as follows.

Plan Name - Trial BB Plan 1099
Initial charges(non refundable, inclusive of Taxes) - 1099/- (to be taken at the time of booking)
Validity - 3 months
Down load speed - 2Mbps upto 5 GBs and 512 Kbps thereafter
Upload speed - 512 Kbps
O/G Facility - Unlimited calls within MTNL Delhi/Mumbai network
Free Data Download - Unlimited
Registration Charges - Nil
Security charges - Nil
Note :

- Customer accepting the trial offer has to opt / choose any regular broadband plan and telephone plan / Combo Plan within 3 (three) months
to continue the service. If the subs regularize the connection within one month, he will be offered Rs. 750/- discount which would be adjustable
in the forthcoming bills.

- No other initial charges or security charges will be taken on regularization after trial period.

No one is stopping you to migrate to any plan after the initial 3 months period.

that 1099 is crap plan. Its not even worth paying 1099 for crappy 5GB to begin with lolz.Rather 1Mbps for Rs 999 unlimited is still better.