MTN L Broadband New Delhi - Strange Costs and Charges

sunandoghosh

[OP]
Regulars
Apr 23, 2005
Hi Friends,s
After lot of deliberation and suffering
( http://broadbandforum.in/broadband-in-india/81226-new-delhi-malviya-nagar-gurudwara.html )

I have finally decided to take MTNL broadband. I was contacted by MTNL executive lady and she informed me that FIbre to home is not available in Malviya Nagar new Delhi.

So I am going for broadband. She said me following:

1. Landline is compulsory if i want to take broadband even though broadband has a separate line. (Wonder why?)

2. She said that I have to pay rs 500 and that too in cash to distribution person who visits my home.

3. If i take modem cum wifi router I have toi pay Rs 1100 (one time non refundable) and also pay rs 75 per month rental charges. further this one time charge of 1100 is non refundbale and i have toi return router / modem on disconnection in future??

I am really surpised and appreciate your inputs / suggestions / commnets.

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
yup 500 in cash + 300 ( without modem or Wifi ) in bill. me found that strange too but its MTNL so can't do much about it, many times i was even worried that if the guy who i gave the money to is real or not lolz.Better get your own modem or wifi... than to pay rent and all....I am more pissed that even now there are no cheap 2MBps plans out there by MTNL or any other ISP !

narang9192

Regulars
Mar 10, 2010
check this plan for mtnl ...take a printout of this plan before going to mtnl.

Promotional Broadband

yup 500 in cash + 300 ( without modem or Wifi ) in bill. me found that strange too but its MTNL so can't do much about it, many times i was even worried that if the guy who i gave the money to is real or not lolz.

Better get your own modem or wifi... than to pay rent and all....

I am more pissed that even now there are no cheap 2MBps plans out there by MTNL or any other ISP !

check this offer also http://mtnldelhi.in/bb_news_041011.htm

sunandoghosh

[OP]
Regulars
Apr 23, 2005
last date for that was somewhere in 2011 lolz !

seems i have no option. the reason i am going for their modem router is that least if connection does not work they will replace it else i will be left of my own

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
seems i have no option.

You have an option.
No registration charges. No Security Charges. if you use your own Modem, your initial setup will be free.

But before entering MTNL Broadband, mind it, this is not for feeble hearted.

With MTNL you are on your own.

Do not expect any kind of support from MTNL.

MTNL staff is incompetent, they are duffers and they don’t want to work.

And by mistake if you ask them to solve your problem and their support person comes to premises to solve it, there is every possibility that he might make it worst.

Having said all of the above, I have been using MTNL broadband since it has been launched in Delhi.
Had problems off & on but managed.

To solve your problem at MTNL, you have to be patient, persistent and guide them.

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
Sorry Friend my fault didn't see the offer expiry date.the offer expired on 2nd september2012. But i have noticed that they keep on extending this offer, as mentioned in the offer page. Hope you are lucky!!!

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
@ijsa No. I just recently got a MTNL connection on my own modem and there charges of RS 800 is fixed irrespective of whether you take the modem from them or not.One more thing MTNL will not give you any slitter either if modem is not taken from them.

sachin_

Regulars
Jun 25, 2010
Faridabad
@ijsa

No. I just recently got a MTNL connection on my own modem and there charges of RS 800 is fixed irrespective of whether you take the modem from them or not.

One more thing MTNL will not give you any slitter either if modem is not taken from them.

No need of splitter if you are using this line for broadband only.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
And if your line quality happens to be on the lower side, you are bound to face disconnections without a splitter.