Best Car Battery

designwebgraphic

Life is So Busy Now
ISP
TATA
Hi Friends,I am seeking for your valuable opinion for car batteries.I have Chevrolet Spark which is almost 4Y-3M old now and battery has gone out of its power. I shown to a battery shop, they added water and charged for almost 10hrs but when connected back to my car, it started 1st time but when i turned it off and tried starting up again, it then didnt start again.So he said that now you need to replace a battery. As i am not at all aware about car batteries, i really need your best advice about following -- Which brand is the best? (Exide, Amaron, Panasonic, Bosch etc..) - just read few them on google search but no idea at all.- Currently my car has exide battery. What to keep in mind before buying a new one? anything that needs special attention (any feature that must have in new battery)???- I want something that doesnt give me any trouble for next 4-5 years. (my usage is just below normal - i can say once a week i drive my car)I usually dont get time out of my hectic schedule and traffic in Ahmedabad is awful so usually drive 2-wheeler. I drive my car hardly once a week. So please suggest me a better product according to that (if that is also to be considered).Thanks again

As far as my experience is concerned (owned a 1999 matiz, 2011 swift) exide batteries are the worst car batteries. the best brands are SF & Amaron....(its been approx 4 years of having SF battery in my matiz and still going good)

it's a car battery. remove the bad ones and go for the one which has more recommendations. they already have a warranty of 1-2 years right? and car batteries do not usually die that fast. mine has not died on me in three years of ownership. my bike's battery died faster. just realized that it was from exide. someone tell me how are exide batteries for inverters coz i have purchased like four in the last 3 months. 2 years warranty on all of them so i am not that worried. but i think i might need to buy 2 more in the near future. so i would like to know if i should avoid them.

never buy exide even for inverters......they have very horrible service when battery goes into repairs in warranty services :Boy Zip:some even told me that u wont get the batterries back even after a month.......and even though they have a policy for service batteries ..........THEY DONT PROVIDE IT.

lol. i have gotten batteries replaced under warranty without any issues. they bring the new battery with them. check the old battery. replace it after confirming that they have indeed gone bad.i am supposed to get two replacements today for my ups. i hope they deliver it without me calling them again though.

i have never heard good replacement time here at my place ghaziabad ever by exide, may be gurgaon story is different altogether, battery is good though but replacement takes time in peak season. when did u have batteries replaced ?? in peak season??

well have not had any issues with inverter batteries. they usually die after 2.5-3 years of usage. but on my ups at least i have received a replacement within a day of confirmation that the battery has developed faults. i guess inverter batteries are different from ups batteries (mine uses a smaller 65ah units). so i could be entirely wrong. reminded me. i should call the exide guy anyway reminding him about the two replacements that are to be delivered today!

@chromy, you cannot ever compare ups battery with inverter....... I even have friends doing local genset business saying exide is worst in peak season replacement..I have 4 tubular big height batteries now 4 years and 3 month old by a. Big local brand BINDAL, never really had any issues......... Not recommending you just telling.

Friends, please help. Dont go off topic for inverters and others!

My primary question is about battery for my car.

Exide, Amaron, Bosch, Panasonic - which one is the best?

Thanks again.

Go buy a BOSCH........ I never used it but it's what you want to hear right?

I have used 3 amaron batteries though, not an issue in any