eBay economic international shipping/GlobalBuy?

• Thread starter Thread starter handa10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,036

handa10

Regular
ISP
mtn
Hello,
I would like to know if. I place an order from hongkong eBay will I have to pay. For customs?

What about eBay Global Buy option?

I would like to purchase
5Pcs/5x Matte Anti Glare Screen Protector Guard For ipad 3 3rd + Clothes B0037 | eBay

---------------------

Update:- item received
Hello,
I wish to share my experience i Got my item within 7 days
from Some Airline Chinese or Japanese

Its not Global Buy

Its Economic Int`l Shipping

I dont have to give any customs etc
thanks to member who supported here!!

^^you won't be charged any customs, but the product may take from 15-30 days to reach you.

Customs is a highly iffy thing. It is pure luck. However, generally, customs folks overlook cheap items as they feel it's not worth their time

So finally should I import the item?It ok to receive the item after 15 days m not in that much hurrySo How's customs calculated?Will they open the item?Or do I have to approach them?

As the price of the item is small, chances are you will get it without any duty. As stated, these people don't bother about anything priced in 3 digits unless they come in suspiciously big packages. In the extremely rare event that they feel like doing their job, you might be asked to go to the International Post Office to recover your item. There have also been cases where the postman delivers the package when the customs amount is small, and so they collect during delivery. However, these are unlikely scenarios, though legally valid.

Ok I guess I should order the item and inform u the same🙂

I bought my Sony vaio battery from ebay .. It was from some international seller in Hongkong ..Cost me around $90 .. Got it in 20 days I guess ..Postman didn't asked for any custom fee..

List of Customs Duty percentage for importing goods to India, I want to share this basic information here; so that, one can now shop for exactly what he/she wants and know exactly how much duty he/she has to pay for it. The list below is the latest rate of duty published in June 2012.

TYPES OF COMMODITY - DUTY (%)(on the Customs Assessed Value*)
Digital / Video Cameras - 28.852%
Camera Lens - 28.852%
Gaming Consoles - 28.852%
Television - 28.852%
Battery (Laptop) - 28.852%
Apparel - 28.852%
Shoes - 28.852%
Artificial Jewelry - 28.852%
Phone Accessories - 28.852%
Cables/Wires - 28.852%
Other than Computer Printers - 28.852%
Hand Watches - 28.852%
iPod - 28.852%
DVD Players - 28.852%
Cosmetics/ Stationery/Toys - 28.852 %
Web Cameras - 28.852 %
Sunglasses - 28.852 %
Electronics/ Car Parts - 28.852%
DVD/ CDs (movie) - 28.852%
Digital Still Image Camera - 16.854%
Laptop/Computers /iPad - 16.854%
Hard Disk(Internal/External) - 16.854 %
Processor, Modem & other Computer Peripherals - 16.854%
Computer Printers - 16.854 %
Other than Movie CD/DVD - 16.854%
Sports Equipment - 16.854%
Entertainment Sports Equipment (like Video Games) - 16.854%
Mobiles - 2.06%
Books- FREE
*Customs Assessed Value = Invoice Value + Freight + Insurance (if any) + Other Landing Charges like C&F Fee etc.

Shipments without Invoices
As per Indian Customs, any shipment received without the Invoice or/and Customs Declaration in prescribed format (of originating country) will not be cleared by the Customs and will be held with Customs for further action.

Exemption
Bonafide Gifts and Samples from a person to Person may be considered duty free up to value (value means Customs Assessed Value) of INR 10,000/- only. A Dispatch Note cum/and Customs Declaration in prescribed format (of originating country) has to accompany the shipment clearly indicating the consignee, consignor, value, nature/content, insurance (if any) and detailed description of item.

Exception
No exemption is applicable if purchases are made in foreign countries which are imported into India and also not applicable if purchases are made through foreign currency transactions.

Any international purchases made at any online store/bay/forum/personal site/blog and get them declared as 'gift' or 'sample' and valued under INR 10,000/- does not simply satisfy the 'exemption' criterion as stated above. As because, this is actually a international purchase involving foreign currency transaction. It is quite likely that an absurd amount of duty may be levied irrespective of the rate chargeable as above. Therefore it's better to ask the seller to attach the invoice stating as much info as possible along with the shipment and provide true statement in the Dispatch Note cum/and Customs Declaration Form.

I'll update this as and when new information is available.

When making a purchase from any international eBay website, I usually contact the seller and request them to mark the item as gift. They are more than happy to oblige.

well i have not used any of the international websites so far to buy any products. but now i am looking forward to use newegg, ebay or Amazon to buy computer components for my new rig. if someone have experience in that pls guide me. what exactly the process is and how do i receive the products ? will i have to visit any particular custom offices in delhi ? or will i receive the products by courier at my doorstep ? till now i have only did research on the custom duty charges but i know its india and actual scenerio is totally different from what it seems on the paper. i would be thankful if someone out there can guide me through the process in detail. suppose i order some stuff from newegg, amazon or ebay what will be the entire process till the product will reach india and then to my home ?? thanks in advance for explaining this.

well i have not used any of the international websites so far to buy any products. but now i am looking forward to use newegg, ebay or Amazon to buy computer components for my new rig. if someone have experience in that pls guide me. what exactly the process is and how do i receive the products ? will i have to visit any particular custom offices in delhi ? or will i receive the products by courier at my doorstep ? till now i have only did research on the custom duty charges but i know its india and actual scenerio is totally different from what it seems on the paper. i would be thankful if someone out there can guide me through the process in detail. suppose i order some stuff from newegg, amazon or ebay what will be the entire process till the product will reach india and then to my home ?? thanks in advance for explaining this.

Newegg does not ships anything to India. You'll have to get to get them to ship your item to a mail forwarding company in US who in turn will ship the item to you. Those companies won't mark your item as gift. Essentially, you pay custom duties.

Same goes for Amazon. Besides the fact that they ship a few items. No major electronic item except Kindle though. Just books, cases, etc. They'll charge you custom duties right when ordering the item. You don't have to pay anything while receiving the item.

When ordering anything internationally, my most preferred choice is eBay US. Not all the sellers ship internationally but quite a lot of them do. Just to be on the safer side, send them a message and see if are willing to mark the item as gift before you purchase it. That way, you can easily get around duties.

10-15 days depending on the US Seller.

First, the US Seller will ship the item to global easy buy's office in New York. Then they will ship the item to their Mumbai office, get customs cleared etc. and then send it you via BlueDart. The phone I ordered on the 22nd has reached Mumbai and cleared customs, it will be couriered tomorrow and I should have it by the 3rd(since 2nd is a holiday).