eBay economic international shipping/GlobalBuy?

handa10

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 7, 2012
Hello,
I would like to know if. I place an order from hongkong eBay will I have to pay. For customs?

What about eBay Global Buy option?

I would like to purchase
5Pcs/5x Matte Anti Glare Screen Protector Guard For ipad 3 3rd + Clothes B0037 | eBay

---------------------

Update:- item received
Hello,
I wish to share my experience i Got my item within 7 days
from Some Airline Chinese or Japanese

Its not Global Buy

Its Economic Int`l Shipping

I dont have to give any customs etc
thanks to member who supported here!!

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
Customs is a highly iffy thing. It is pure luck. However, generally, customs folks overlook cheap items as they feel it's not worth their time

handa10

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 7, 2012
So finally should I import the item?It ok to receive the item after 15 days m not in that much hurrySo How's customs calculated?Will they open the item?Or do I have to approach them?

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
As the price of the item is small, chances are you will get it without any duty. As stated, these people don't bother about anything priced in 3 digits unless they come in suspiciously big packages. In the extremely rare event that they feel like doing their job, you might be asked to go to the International Post Office to recover your item. There have also been cases where the postman delivers the package when the customs amount is small, and so they collect during delivery. However, these are unlikely scenarios, though legally valid.

handa10

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Aug 7, 2012
Ok I guess I should order the item and inform u the same:)

hitman

Regulars
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
I bought my sony vaio battery from ebay .. It was from some international seller in Hongkong ..Cost me around $90 .. Got it in 20 days I guess ..Postman didn't asked for any custom fee..

Sep 2, 2012
List of Customs Duty percentage for importing goods to India, I want to share this basic information here; so that, one can now shop for exactly what he/she wants and know exactly how much duty he/she has to pay for it. The list below is the latest rate of duty published in June 2012.

TYPES OF COMMODITY - DUTY (%)(on the Customs Assessed Value*)
Digital / Video Cameras - 28.852%
Camera Lens - 28.852%
Gaming Consoles - 28.852%
Television - 28.852%
Battery (Laptop) - 28.852%
Apparel - 28.852%
Shoes - 28.852%
Artificial Jewelry - 28.852%
Phone Accessories - 28.852%
Cables/Wires - 28.852%
Other than Computer Printers - 28.852%
Hand Watches - 28.852%
iPod - 28.852%
DVD Players - 28.852%
Cosmetics/ Stationery/Toys - 28.852 %
Web Cameras - 28.852 %
Sunglasses - 28.852 %
Electronics/ Car Parts - 28.852%
DVD/ CDs (movie) - 28.852%
Digital Still Image Camera - 16.854%
Laptop/Computers /iPad - 16.854%
Hard Disk(Internal/External) - 16.854 %
Processor, Modem & other Computer Peripherals - 16.854%
Computer Printers - 16.854 %
Other than Movie CD/DVD - 16.854%
Sports Equipment - 16.854%
Entertainment Sports Equipment (like Video Games) - 16.854%
Mobiles - 2.06%
Books- FREE
*Customs Assessed Value = Invoice Value + Freight + Insurance (if any) + Other Landing Charges like C&F Fee etc.

Shipments without Invoices
As per Indian Customs, any shipment received without the Invoice or/and Customs Declaration in prescribed format (of originating country) will not be cleared by the Customs and will be held with Customs for further action.

Exemption
Bonafide Gifts and Samples from a person to Person may be considered duty free up to value (value means Customs Assessed Value) of INR 10,000/- only. A Dispatch Note cum/and Customs Declaration in prescribed format (of originating country) has to accompany the shipment clearly indicating the consignee, consignor, value, nature/content, insurance (if any) and detailed description of item.

Exception
No exemption is applicable if purchases are made in foreign countries which are imported into India and also not applicable if purchases are made through foreign currency transactions.

Any international purchases made at any online store/bay/forum/personal site/blog and get them declared as 'gift' or 'sample' and valued under INR 10,000/- does not simply satisfy the 'exemption' criterion as stated above. As because, this is actually a international purchase involving foreign currency transaction. It is quite likely that an absurd amount of duty may be levied irrespective of the rate chargeable as above. Therefore it's better to ask the seller to attach the invoice stating as much info as possible along with the shipment and provide true statement in the Dispatch Note cum/and Customs Declaration Form.

I'll update this as and when new information is available.