How to configure tikona with wireless N AdSl2+ modem router (TP-LINK TD-w8951ND)

• Thread starter Thread starter zoro123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 23,796

zoro123

ISP
tikona
I am stuck with the settings on the router. Can someone guide me through the settings. I want to share internet to my desktop, laptop and mobile phone. Please help me with the settings

You have the WLAN port on the router?? First reset the router if you have done any custom settings..Connect the LAN cable from tikona router(small box) to Wlan of the TP-Link. (In case you dont want to use the router from Tikona then better call them for a visit to set your new router )

You have the WLAN port on the router?? First reset the router if you have done any custom settings..

Connect the LAN cable from tikona router(small box) to Wlan of the TP-Link.

(In case you dont want to use the router from Tikona then better call them for a visit to set your new router )

I have these ports as shown in the figure below:

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/images/products/gallery/TD-W8951ND-03-New.jpg

I have connected the lan cable from the small box to the TP link router 1st port.

I want to connect to desktop with rj45 cable and laptops with router. Should I use pppoe/pppoa settings or dynamic ip or static ip or bridge?

I hope you have connected to the white slot shown thr (looks like WAN port) so it fine.Now connect the router to your laptop (through wifi) - will ask your router key located on the router. (You have windows 7??)Let it configure and use it with no security for now or you choose WPA2-personal as security (password protected). Once connected it will show 'connected' (maybe with a yellow mark) , try opening the tikona login page from browser 🙂

Follow these steps in this order for D-Link 2730 modem, for setting up both as a LAN router and Wifi Access Point. Connect the LAN cable to LAN1 port on router and login to router ip (192.168.1.1) for doing these setup. Login with admin/admin as userid/password.1) Advanced Setup-> Layer2, Add atm0 with default settings2) WAN Service -> Add with Bridge type selected, keep others default3) Wireless ->Enable Wireless, and give your own SSID, keep others default4) Wireless-> Security-> Give Network Authentication as WPA-Personal, and passprase will be your own password to connect to WiFi5) Interface Grouping -> Give a group name as WAN, and select WL0, LAN2, LAN3, LAN4 from right to left, Apply/Save. Now there should be 2 groups one Default with LAN1 and other with new Group Name6) LAN -> In the right top dropdown select WAN group and disable DHCP, Apply/Save7) Management->Settings->Backup your settings8) Management -> RebootConnect the output from Tikona to LAN2 port on the router, connect your laptop to Wifi on the router using the SSID/passphrase. This should work, else shutdown router for 10 seconds, disable your wireless network and log-off/on again, enable wireless network and try connecting again.After this the ethernet wire coming from Tikona should be connected to LAN2 port, and you can use wifi. Note that LAN1 port is used to connect to the router only (192.168.1.1) after this setup. Go to login page of tikona (1.254.254.254) with ur userid and password given by tikona and login to connect to internet.RegardsShashi

thanks alot...will it work for D-Link ADSL-2750U.and one more thing every computer connected to modem will need to login in tikona or only once is enough..because most tikona packs allow only 2 logins at a time..so can i use mroe then 2??Regard Krish

smshashi said:
Follow these steps in this order for D-Link 2730 modem, for setting up both as a LAN router and Wifi Access Point. Connect the LAN cable to LAN1 port on router and login to router ip (192.168.1.1) for doing these setup. Login with admin/admin as userid/password.1) Advanced Setup-> Layer2, Add atm0 with default settings2) WAN Service -> Add with Bridge type selected, keep others default3) Wireless ->Enable Wireless, and give your own SSID, keep others default4) Wireless-> Security-> Give Network Authentication as WPA-Personal, and passprase will be your own password to connect to WiFi5) Interface Grouping -> Give a group name as WAN, and select WL0, LAN2, LAN3, LAN4 from right to left, Apply/Save. Now there should be 2 groups one Default with LAN1 and other with new Group Name6) LAN -> In the right top dropdown select WAN group and disable DHCP, Apply/Save7) Management->Settings->Backup your settings8) Management -> RebootConnect the output from Tikona to LAN2 port on the router, connect your laptop to Wifi on the router using the SSID/passphrase. This should work, else shutdown router for 10 seconds, disable your wireless network and log-off/on again, enable wireless network and try connecting again.After this the ethernet wire coming from Tikona should be connected to LAN2 port, and you can use wifi. Note that LAN1 port is used to connect to the router only (192.168.1.1) after this setup. Go to login page of tikona (1.254.254.254) with ur userid and password given by tikona and login to connect to internet.RegardsShashi
I have completed all this steps and able to connect via wifi. But LAN is not working. When i Checked LAN settings in advanced setup, it enables DHCP automatically. Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

smshashi said:
WoW, that's some awesome info, however I tried to get it done on my "ADSL2+CPE Model : AR800V 3.0v" and ended up in vain, as I couldn't find the right settings on the login router page (192.168.1.1), the options to select are totally different, like they are not bsnl modem at all???...Pls provide assistance on the same...
much obliged

smshashi said:
Follow these steps in this order for D-Link 2730 modem, for setting up both as a LAN router and Wifi Access Point. Connect the LAN cable to LAN1 port on router and login to router ip (192.168.1.1) for doing these setup. Login with admin/admin as userid/password. 1) Advanced Setup-> Layer2, Add atm0 with default settings 2) WAN Service -> Add with Bridge type selected, keep others default 3) Wireless ->Enable Wireless, and give your own SSID, keep others default 4) Wireless-> Security-> Give Network Authentication as WPA-Personal, and passprase will be your own password to connect to WiFi 5) Interface Grouping -> Give a group name as WAN, and select WL0, LAN2, LAN3, LAN4 from right to left, Apply/Save. Now there should be 2 groups one Default with LAN1 and other with new Group Name 6) LAN -> In the right top dropdown select WAN group and disable DHCP, Apply/Save 7) Management->Settings->Backup your settings 8) Management -> Reboot Connect the output from Tikona to LAN2 port on the router, connect your laptop to Wifi on the router using the SSID/passphrase. This should work, else shutdown router for 10 seconds, disable your wireless network and log-off/on again, enable wireless network and try connecting again. After this the ethernet wire coming from Tikona should be connected to LAN2 port, and you can use wifi. Note that LAN1 port is used to connect to the router only (192.168.1.1) after this setup. Go to login page of tikona (1.254.254.254) with ur userid and password given by tikona and login to connect to internet. Regards Shashi
Hi shashi,
Recently i have purchased dlink 2730u and the h/w version - u1. f/w version - IN_1.0.2. Can you please help me to configure the tikona in this model.

It didnt work in my D-Link 2730u c1 version router. I did all those steps and still after connecting the ethernet cable from isp to Lan 2 port , the internet connection wont work. Any fixes? Are you sure that the ethernet cable from isp should be connected in LAN2? Or should it be connected to LAN1?