Amazon shipping to India

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,152
i hear they do offer some products with direct delivery. maybe they keep stock of some items locally. they were establishing warehouses from what i remember.

are you ordering a Rs. 1000 dust cover for a printer? 😀

it says he will save $10 on it maybe thats why 😛

Printers are so cheap now a days and this $19.99 cover will cost a LOT after adding the shipping cost.

I have ordered books direct from Amazon many times since 1999 and have received all of them without any problem.

For products that Amazon doesn't ship directly to India but are very cheap on Amazon compared with prices in India (such as softwares like Adobe Photoshop), I use shopandship.com service. Amazon ships to shopandship's location in New York and from there product is couriered to me. Shopandship (a division of Aramex couriers) take care of getting the items cleared from customs and their fees is reasonable.

it says he will save $10 on it maybe thats why 😛

Lets hope the printer cover doesn't get stuck in customs. If it does get stuck in customs in India, then duty at the rate of approx 23% will be charged.

Amazon has been shipping Select products to India for more than a year now... A few months back Amazon.co.uk was Shipping DVDs & Blurays to India for free & extremely discounted rates... Until recently Amazon.de was a shopping heaven for Audio Video lovers becoz of their flat 40 euro shipping rate for multiple items... I know a lot of ppl who have bought Subwofers,Amps,Speakers & AVRs from Amazon.de shipped directly to their doorstep in India... Amazon takes care of all the shipping charges & custom duties... A frnd of mine bought a Optoma HD66 projector from Amazon.com(total cost 39k to his doorstep)... I went to review it last Sunday & shot a little video of it... Quite a good deal considering he paid a total of 39k for the projector + 6k to make a 100in DIY screen... So a total of 45k for a 100in Screen where as if he wanted to buy a 50in Plasma(1/4th the size) it would have cost him in the 60-70k range 🙂 ...

Santy's HD66 & DIY Screen with LED lighting - YouTube

are you ordering a Rs. 1000 dust cover for a printer? 😀

Yeah man .. There is no such cover available on any site in India ..
And if the printer is over 16k then 1k don't hurt tht much 😀

haha cool. i have owned a canon inkjet for more than a year now. it has worked flawlessly. i am mightly impressed because the HP piece of junk i had before it had started malfunctioning within weeks of usage. every single time it prints a page on first attempt is the time i praise the load (and canon) and curse hp. 😀

i am using HP mfp1005 for last 3 years its a b/w printer works like a charm. np at all. have used canon cx3100 b4 it was color printer and it really sucked bcos the ink cartridge dies very fast or the ink in the cartridge used to get dry very often. the cartridges can't be refilled so i have to change the cartridges very often and buy new ones. that printer really sucked. i am very much happy with my hp printer now.