Bsnl + Sify

chethancj

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
today i got dataone UL 900 plan and i also have sify pure unlimited 256 kbps both are connected but wen i download anithing the sending/receiveing in system tray is happening only from one connection i.e bsnl and sify connec is idle.. wen i disconnect bsnl i can use sify.can someone tell me how do i dwnload or use both connections at once pls

pranKster

-- link removed -- spider .....
Regulars
Aug 18, 2006
I think it can be done. The Concept involved will be network load balancing.A long time ago, i had tried something like this with modems. I had modem rack. 5 modems and 5 lines. In my office we had to use all 5 to get better speeds. but problem was how to do it. While finding the solution I hit upon this concept on internet. I think if I still have any documents / stuff available I will share them with you. BTW, if NE1 else can shed some light (Technical stuff) ...how it will work ... Meanwhile I will do some research tonight.... maybe tomorrow I will be in better position to help you. -pranKster.

Sep 4, 2006
QUOTE(ROHIN @ Oct 13 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]65228[/snapback]
U cant use both the connections together. As system can detect just one settings at a time.
[/b]

Hi it is possible to combine broad band lines with the help of load balancer. check dlink-india site. there is an advertisement for load balancer. Model no: DR210-i.

I have got another model from dlink DI LB604 from singapore(yesterday) and I will try today

I will post the feedback

Muthu manickam

chethancj

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
i dont want to buy any new hardware bcos sify ill be having for 20 more days aftr tht ill continue with only bsnl i tried to bridge connections but was not possible ill read those posts and get back

vichitra

Jun 5, 2006
QUOTE(chethancj @ Oct 13 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]65215[/snapback]
today i got dataone UL 900 plan and i also have sify pure unlimited 256 kbps both are connected but wen i download anithing the sending/receiveing in system tray is happening only from one connection i.e bsnl and sify connec is idle.. wen i disconnect bsnl i can use sify.

can someone tell me how do i dwnload or use both connections at once pls
[/b]

Have you been on linux it would be simple to do these things with policy routing and iptables tweak ;)

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
"fusing" that seshu pointed is quite nice...u can use it...just download the trial version of wingate as u don't plan to run it for long anyhow...i've tried it and it's really cool...enjoy!!! :D

chethancj

[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
i installed wingate and started wingate engine still only bsnl lan is being used sify is not doing anythin