• Thread starter Thread starter vjprakashbe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 28,608

vjprakashbe

Regular
ISP
Hathway
I just received this SMS from Airtel Broadband.

Namaste! Due to regulatory changes and increased input costs, monthly rental for your airtel broadband ID ********* has been marginally revised from Rs 899 to Rs 950 w.e.f 11-Aug-12, Details? visit www.airtel.in/dsl-faq

http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/Airtel.in/airtel.in/home/whats+new/revision-in-broadband-rental

revision in broadband rental
Find answers to all your queries regarding the revision of your airtel broadband bill.

Q1 I have received an SMS on revised monthly rental?
A1. This is to inform you that due to regulatory changes and increased input costs,there is a marginal increase in the monthly rental for your airtel broadband bill plan.

Q2 Is this the only change or is there any other rate increase?
A2. All benefits and tariffs of your current bill plan remain the same. Only the monthly rental has been revised.

Q3 Why have the rates increased?
A3. Due to regulatory changes and increase in input costs, there is a marginal increase in our monthly tariff plans. Rest assured that at airtel, you will always get best value for your money

Q4 Is there any change in the plan benefit?
A4. No, there is no change in your plan benefits. They remain the same as before.

Q5 Is this rate change applicable to all plans?
A5. Yes, this rate change is applicable to all DSL plans only.

What regulatory changes they are talking about? Why don't they just say we need more and more money? :freaked-out:

i guess someone has to pay for their stupid marketing campaigns that are running on tv these days.

How much they have increased for the 150 GB @ 4 mbps plan?

I don't think they have increased it for all in common. They are sending SMS to their *specific* loyal customers about their love and care in this way .
Just increasing their tariff and its complexity more and more scattered across their plans.

That's non-transparent and unfair. In thier Faqs replying to Q5 they mentioned

Yes, this rate change is applicable to all DSL plans only

So really weird in targeting specific customers only

I visit this forum when I want to feel good. There are so many things about airtel/Craptel, reading which I feel happy that I don't use many of their services. Life would have been so dreadful with airtel/Craptel:warning:

Are they under any obligation to reveal what specific input costs and regulatory changes have prompted this ? As it is, I feel like what I am paying for is already too much.

How much they have increased for the 150 GB @ 4 mbps plan?
I received the SMS. It has been increased from Rs. 2099 /- to Rs.2250/-. 🙁

This hike of Rs.151/- in Turbo 150 plan will amount to Rs. 170/- including taxes. Here we thought, the existing tariff was exorbitant for a 4 MbPS connection with a 150GB datacap.

This hike of Rs.151/- in Turbo 150 plan will amount to Rs. 170/- including taxes.

Here we thought, the existing tariff was exorbitant for a 4 MbPS connection with a 150GB datacap.

7% hike of 1299 is rs 90.So they are making more profit by hiking to rs 150.

7% hike of 1299 is rs 90.So they are making more profit by hiking to rs 150.

No, the hike of Rs. 150 /- is for the Turbo 150 Rs.2099/- plan.
The thread starter had his Rs. 899/- plan hiked to Rs. 950/-
You might have an increase of Rs. 100 /- on your Rs, 1299/- plan. Not sure. You will get an SMS.