Formula-1 News and Updates

Lewis Hamilton edges Fernando Alonso by 0.001s in FP3 | Italian Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

well. this was amazing.

Driver Teams Time
1 LC Hamilton (GBR) McLaren 1'24.578
2 F Alonso (ESP) Ferrari 1'24.579
3 P di Resta (GBR) Force India 1'24.849
4 F Massa (BRA) Ferrari 1'24.909
5 J Button (GBR) McLaren 1'24.994
6 N Rosberg (GER) Mercedes 1'25.036
7 S Perez (MEX) Sauber 1'25.160
8 KM Räikkönen (FIN) Lotus 1'25.255
9 N Hülkenberg (GER) Force India 1'25.289
10 P Maldonado (VEN) Williams 1'25.383
11 M Webber (AUS) Red Bull 1'25.389
12 S Vettel (GER) Red Bull 1'25.406
13 B Senna (BRA) Williams 1'25.461
14 M Schumacher (GER) Mercedes 1'25.563
15 K Kobayashi (JPN) Sauber 1'25.689
16 D Ricciardo (AUS) Toro Rosso 1'25.706
17 J d'Ambrosio (BEL) Lotus 1'25.973
18 JE Vergne (FRA) Toro Rosso 1'26.003
19 H Kovalainen (FIN) Caterham 1'26.657
20 V Petrov (RUS) Caterham 1'27.267
21 C Pic (FRA) Marussia 1'27.454
22 T Glock (GER) Marussia 1'27.728
23 KRN Karthikeyan (IND) HRT 1'28.035
24 PM de la Rosa (ESP) HRT 1'28.384

Disasterous result for Alonso in qualifying, giving Vettel a good chance to take the championship lead on Sunday 😀 Lewis on pole with Button next to him.

Vettel has no chance here, Alonso will finish ahead easily , it will be very easy to overtake here for the ferrari with double DRS & long straights he will be back in the front as long as he avoids the first corner crash like the last race.

looks like it will be 2nd place for alonso , button out

Alonso just won the title , he has to just finish in the top 4-5 for the rest of the races to become the champ , all cars are equally matched so a 40 point lead now is huge.

Not for me...

Rather for me it would be sucking to see Vettel or Hamilton winning the Championship but i dont mind Kimi winning the Championship...

My gut feeling says this week again bad luck might ruin the Ferrari team...

As i predicted earlier bad luck ruined Alonso's quali....happy that it happened in Quali rather than in Race....

It was a fantstic race for the Tifosi's...

Brilliant race for for both Perez & Alonso...Massa did a very good job...

Happy that Alonso is now leading the champsionships by 37 points...

Ferrari technical director Pat Fry says there should be alarm bells ringing after the team was dogged by technical problems all weekend at the Italian Grand Prix.

On Friday, Fernando Alonso endured a suspected engine failure in the first practice and a brake problem and gearbox failure during the afternoon session. More technical issues on Saturday saw the championship leader qualify a disappointing 10th.

Problems continued during the race as garage equipment failed, leaving the team without telemetry, television pictures on the pit wall and a link to the remote garage at Maranello.

"It was rather like taking a step back in time to the days when we didn’t have all this equipment available," Fry said. "At one point we had to make do with the telephone to speak to Maranello and decide if it was the right time for the pit stop. We were able to manage the situation but believe me, it was not a walk in the park.

"We managed to recover almost completely from the situation we were in after yesterday's problems, but looking at the weekend as a whole, I have to say what happened over these days should ring some alarm bells for all of us," he added.

Ferrari takes a 'step back in time' at Monza

1 interesting fact about this race is that the 3 drivers who were crashed out of the 1st corner in SPA were in the podium...