• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 122
  • Views Views 17,670

amit_dp

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Update: It has been posted to the Chrome Web Store. Airtel Data Usage Info

okay .. here we go ... here is the link to extension https://www.dropbox.com/s/y66gs0qna4dv22i/Airtel%20Info.crx

you may have to turn on developer mode in your browser's extensions page for this to work.

I'm still not able to test it live as airtel's link does not open for me. I've tested it with the web page you saved for me .. hope it will work for you .. it shows a count on the button.. also when you click the button it will show popup with complete details. the popup might take time to load .. I'm not happy the way I've coded this to get the button text, planning to use jQuery and make it more robust if this works for you ..

Here are some screengrabs from my machine .. fingures crossed

oh .. and it updates the data every 1 hour .. 🙂

wooo hoo ... worked .. i see one extra > in ur button text .. parsing issue i guess .. Not sure why it gives that prompt while installing .. it gave me too when I installed .. trust me I've been a good boy while coding it .. no malicious code :frog:

nah .. its actually the closing bracket of the just before 147 .. as I said .. I plan to use jQuery to make it more accurate in parsing the page ..

haha. i thought it shows greater than 147 😀a user based in delhi is not able to install it on his browser. developer mode is enabled. weird.

haha ... i thought that too at the first instance .. then remembered ... I never coded it to be like that 🙂 Now if users from other circles can also use and confirm if this works .. that would be awesome ..

ok he got it working and it works fine for him. but he is in the same circle as i am. so need more testers.

a user based in delhi is not able to install it on his browser. developer mode is enabled. weird

thats weird .. whats the error he is getting ? a screengrab from his system might help .

okay cool .. yeah more testers .. maybe few guys tomorrow morning .. make it sticky .. or start another thread .. that would get more people in it ..

he was dropping the crx file in the left column 😀 needs to be dropped in the right column.any idea if you can get it on the chrome web store? would help in making it more popular.

haha .. cool .. okay guys .. please test this and pour in your feed back .. I will continue to work on this .. If Airtel has different URLs .. we might give a settings section for the extension .. and users can have their URLs saved in settings ...

righto. we should be able to get more folks to test out this app in the morning.

any idea if you can get it on the chrome web store? would help in making it more popular.

Yeah once the code and all is finalized .. i will get it to Chrome Store .. dont have much details on how to get it in as of now .. i assume should be fairly simple ..

i think there is a small fee. i would be more than happy to send you a flipkart gift coupon or anything you want to get that done!

Before you publish your first app, you must pay a one-time $5 developer signup fee. You'll see a reminder in the dashboard until you pay the fee. For more information, including troubleshooting tips, see the Registration article.

more

No worries .. will work that out .. cheers buddy ..cool .. thx .. $5 is pretty good .. will get it surely ..