how to use adsl modem with Hathway BB

ISP
BSNL EVDO
Hi,Recently I shifted my home and in the new locality I am unable to get any ADSL 2+ BB provider.I am having an iBall Baton ADSL2+ router (iB-WRA150N ver 2.0) which has now became obsolate due to unavailability of ADSL 2+ connection.The only provider available in my locality is HATHWAY BB but they provide cable Modem with a RJ45 output. So I was wondering,is there a way out to make use of my current iBall modem cum wifi router to use as a wifi hub/LAN-router with the RJ45 input.Plese help me out of the situation and I can reuse my existing modem and save some money.

sadly you cannot. it is a cable modem service not a phone line based one like mtnl or airtel.

Thanks for you valuable suggestion..

I got the Hathway BB connection Yesterday and it is working fine with my iBall - ADSL router...

So I am posting now how I have done this... (only for adsl modem cum router)

Requirement: 1 - One Cable Modem(Which is provided by the Cable ISP, no need to purchase)

2 - One ADSL Modem (atleast 2 RJ-45 port required)

3 - CAT-5 Cables

Connectivity:
(please switch off your both modems)

1 - Connect your cable modem with incoming cable connection

2 - Use 2nd Enternet port to Connect your adsl modem with your PC or Laptop through wifi

3 - check the connection between PC and ADSL Modem (like modem homepage ex: http://192.268.1.1)

4 - Now Connect 1st Ethernet port of ADSL modem with Cable modem with it's output

(switch on your modem)

5 - Now you are ready to access the Internet

Coaxial Cable - > (i/p to cable modem) -> o/p of RJ-45 -> i/p in RJ-45 1st port in ADSL modem -> o/p of RJ-45 2nd port of ADSL modem to the PC | wi-fi connectivity with laptops or handheld devices

Note: In this case the you are unable to use ADSL modem feature like the RJ-11 port is unused....

For all members...

Please do give your valuable suggestion only when you know the exact detail of query...

Hello mate,I am having the same problem. I have D-Link 2750U ADSL2+ Modem. I tried the configuration mentioned in your mail but it is not working. I connected the first RJ45 ethernet port to Hathway modem and the other to laptop. But it is not able to detect. Can you help please?thanks, Gaurav

Hello mate,

I am having the same problem. I have D-Link 2750U ADSL2+ Modem. I tried the configuration mentioned in your mail but it is not working. I connected the first RJ45 ethernet port to Hathway modem and the other to laptop. But it is not able to detect. Can you help please?

thanks, Gaurav

Hi PushkalKishore, It seems I cant use this DLink ADSL router with hathway broadband internet. But your post still gives me some hope. How can I contact you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gaurav, For using the hathway modem via ADSL2+ router you need to do some prior settings like: * 1st configure your laptop via ADSL modem like connect it via wifi or LAN and check the modem web UI * Next Connect the Hathway Modem as per above direction then it'll work if don't then feel free to reach me @ pushkalkishore@gmail.com

Thanks a lot Pushkal. This helped me. Have some issues which I guess hathway support should be able to resolve. While using the wifi connectivity from other device I am getting the same hathway login page. Need to get that resolved from hathway support.Thanks again for your help.