** SOS ** BSNL 3G pathetically slow in Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter radiance
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,907

radiance

ISP
BSNL 3G
I bought the 3G SIM & datacard from Chennai more than a year back. Use it only in my laptop. Never had a problem while using it either in Chennai or Bangalore till now. Download speeds touched 400 kbps+ when using torrents etc. Browsing speeds also were very good. Its a 10GB plan and I pay 1100 every month(999 + taxes)But exactly from August 1, I have noticed a sudden drop in the speed. (I haven't changed my residence or the location I connect from). Now I am getting like 1/10th of the speed that I used to get earlier. It is almost like 2G speed(if not worse). Browsing speed averages 20kbps even with the HSDPA connection!It is painful to sit and wait for a page to load and pay 1000+ for this... Would be grateful if anyone has any suggestion/pointers etc..

i think ur sim speed capped is done by customer, now even god cant help u. ( this is due bcoz u convert ur 2G sim to 3G sim.....not sure )i would suggest you buy new 3G sim.its personal experience.

i think ur sim speed capped is done by customer, now even god cant help u.
( this is due bcoz u convert ur 2G sim to 3G sim.....not sure )
i would suggest you buy new 3G sim.
its personal experience.

I directly bought the 3G sim. No conversion from 2G to 3G. Paid Rs 2000 for the data card. Plus 1000 advance. Which is why I am hesitating to get a new connection.

One thing which aroused my suspicion is that when I did the speedtest even though the URl at the bottom left said BSNL, at the bottom right it said Hosted by Aircel/airtel etc. Probably this is OK, but I am wondering if its just me facing the issue or is this a case of other private providers tapping into BSNL bandwidth.

Calling or visiting BSNL office seems to be a waste of time. I visited Bangalore BSNL office few months back to enquire on paying the monthly bill online. They said since I got the connection from Chennai, I need to go there and make the payment.. I was dumbstruck at their reply. Fortunately, I figured out how to make the payment online.

Prolly the bts near your house has developed a snag. Call CC and tell them that you're getting slow speed.Also, just to be sure, buy a new prepaid sim and test the speeds using that.

Probably this is OK, but I am wondering if its just me facing the issue or .

I have been using a prepaid 3G sim since the launch and sometime this weekend (8th/9th September) was getting 400+ kBps. And BTW, I'm in Indiranagar, Bangalore.

Hello Everyone,I'm having the same 'slow speed' issue for my BSNL 3G. Data Plan: Post paid for 5 GB 3G speed and 256 kbps thereafter. Approximately Rs. 800 is the bill amount I pay including tax.Using BSNL Customer Service centre provided SIM Card & SKY BSNL 3G USB Modem on Laptop with Win 7 (64 bit)Reason for going to BSNL for 3G: Fair pricing. Speeds are weird. I call it weird because of the following observations:When I'm in the zone of my data plan i.e. 5 GB at 3G speed this is what happens:1. When trying to watch a You Tube video the download is amazing. But when I try to log onto banking websites or any website with https then it taken 20 minutes or more to load. Sometimes nothing happens. Don't have to tell you what pains I've gone through to do simnple online transactions or even logging to any https website.2. When I check the upload or download speed indicators in the user interface the download speed is stuck at 0.00 kbps. 3. This download speed is stuck at 0.00 kbps even when I am trying to open my mails or any simple requires low bandwith. 4. Spoke to many people if there is an issue with my internet settings but nothing...5. Spoke to the quite useless BSNL CC through phone but nothing...6. Went to their Customer Service Centre, they gave me number of a guy who is an engineer. Called him and told him my issue but nothing...7. Went to their Exchange explained them the issue but nothing...If anyone can please help me on how to fix this issue it will be a Godsend. I thought of shifting to ACT Broadband but unfortunately they do not provide the service in my apartment because of some issue with installation of a junction box.I'm now in my last throes here... contemplating moving to fixed broadband line from BSNL (Why BSNL again cause the people I know in my area who are using it give it a stable rating)Please help someone. Do I need to change some setting on my IE or something?FYI I'm living 200m from the telephone exchange tower. So I can't say distance is an issue...

^^^same thing happens with me too, im from pune and download speed is 0.00Kbps, it hangs in middle, don't know what problem Bsnl 3G has, if you are from banglore why not you go for BEAM BROADBAND instead of using pathetic Bsnl 3G.

I am in Pune.I have compared Docomo 3G and BSNL 3G.As per DATA card statistics & graph comparison , speed of BSNL is 50% of Docomo.