BSNL Broadband problems with Yahoo, MSN and Outlook

goyal.sanchit

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Hello EveryoneFrom yesterday whenever I sent an email on outlook/hotmail it bounced back while emails on gmail did not have any issues. I didnt think much of it but today I found out that due to spamming by someone the entire range has been blacklisted and I can no longer send emails on outlook and related websites.I dont think bsnl customer care people would be trained enough to understand what the problem is! So I would have to do something myself (Contact outlook and try and get the range delisted) or just wait for it to be delisted! No idea when it would be done.Any other thing which can be done to solve the problem?Regards

mmm. the best you can probably do is to check databases like spamhaus etc. for your ip range and apply for removal. but i doubt it is going to help much.

stop quoting the latest post in a conversation because it makes no freaking sense.

I had done some checks and the range was blacklisted in few databases and whitelisted in most others. I have sent a mail to outlook with the request for delisting. Lets see how it goes.

You should have actually written something like "Stop quoting the post when there is only one person replying". It would make sense to quote even the last post if there are more posts by different people! Though in this case it could have been avoided but was done due to habit. Would be careful in future.Anyways coming back to the issue.I could not send emails from my Yahoo account (Through browser) to hotmail and related ids. I could send email to gmail and receive email from hotmail etc. I did not think of it much until I browsed a random website through google search and it asked to enter captcha saying that the network or computer is infected. It showed the ip address which I searched to find that the range is infected.However after reading your post I tried sending a mail from Gmail to hotmail and it works well. So there seems to be some issue with yahoo and isp combined!! This is the error message that I getRemote host said: 550 SC-001 (BAY0-MC1-F23) Unfortunately, messages from 106.10.151.246 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list.

The mail function now works perfectly.EDIT-The mail function is not working perfectly and it seems the Yahoo ip range has been banned rather than the bsnl ip range.

Instead of opening a new thread I am posting Similar issue on this existing topic.
A lawyer friend recently changed his Broadband plan from Rs.250 to Rs.750 unlimited plan, since then he's not able to open yahoo.com/mail.yahoo.com and other yahoo based sites.
Everything other site is working fine though, yahoo is inaccessible on all devices connected to this router or on computer when using wired ADSL modem.
He's using google DNS and has tried two modems already, this certainly has something to with BSNL blocking access
whats the best way out of this weird problem ???

I am on BSNL and have no issues with Yahoo services. At least had no issues when I last checked Yahoo. :nonchalance:

Check the modem configuration page and see what's the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) provided there. It should be 1492. On some modems, the default MTU is something different.

androidfreak said:
Check the modem configuration page and see what's the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) provided there. It should be 1492. On some modems, the default MTU is something different.
Will ask him, however nothing was changed except the subscribed Plan so it has least possibility
IINM Default [color=#ff0000;]MTU Should be 1480[/color] for most modems/routers.