MTNL IPTV: IPTV To Be Launched

• Thread starter Thread starter lost_soul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 23,513
:huh: They havent mentioned it anywhere else..not even on the website...I think they're just testing the service......

Just one day to go!! Lets wait any extra charges aren't mentioned clearly .Are they going to charge additional for set top box.

Would 256 kbps be enugh for clearly viewing the channels on IPTY or would a boost be needed? Also, I am assuming that the channels can be viewed on the TV instead of the computer. Am I right?

256Kbps has nothing to do with IPTV. The bandwidth is not restricted.

Mods please merge the thread started by neatfreak on IPTV with this one. The only thing lacking now is mtnl providing an unlimited connection. I'll also be more than happy if they increased the limit of 590 NU plan from 1 GB to 5 GB.Mtnl please make it happen !!!

IPTV will come on separate wavelength, just like broadband and telephone line are separate. So it wont be related to broadband bandwidth or speed or data limit.You should be able to watch it on comp with tv tuner card.

Yes it has got nothing to do with the bandwidth.. right now they have provided two way splitter if we upgrade to TPTV they will give us a three way splitter the third line will go into the set-top box which mtnl will provide... But well anywayzz right now they just have 20 channels.. they say they will be adding upto 200 channels soon!

upgrading channels should not take time once they stabilise. its just the matter of tying up with channel broadcasters.any idea abt STB cost? installation cost? its launching tomorrow and charges are specified nowhere!i was wondering how many ppl would switch from cable tv to DTH, when STB would be must. but now with launch of IPTV, cable ops are going to have to run for money. finally its time to bid them and their monopoly adieu. they tortured us a lot.time to heal our woes and salt their's!

I am very sceptical about the service. MTNL Linemen are not trained to handle even the broadband part let alone the iPTV part. The scenario is going to be that we will see a program the call up MTNL for complaint The see another program after 1-2 weeks 😀

biggest problem with these DTH and IPTV services is if u have multiple TV's u need to pay separately for STB as well as monthly charges for each TV. Right now i run 4 TV's for 300 bucks which would be damn expensive with these services..

man no details anywhere about it, thats MTNL...Rollout is tomm and still no info to customers, whom are they rolling out the service to then, only to MTNL babus??? :angry:

man i hate these STB's. You buy a brand new LCD TV with all the bells and whistles and then you gotta hook up some POS (piece of sh!#$) device and have two remotes. I'll stick to cable TV for now.