• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.Outlaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,149

Mr.Outlaw

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Which scooter type vehicle is good at this price range?Requirements are1.) Good mileage and decent after sales service2.)Travel about 40 to 45 km a day.3.)Reliableheard Honda's Dio , Suziki's Access 125 and Honda's Aviator are the best for the above 3 points.Any other you guys know/used/recommend as mileage and reliability is main concern for my Father. He's considering TVS XL too lol but I'm trying to make him not take that. Is that still the king of mileage and overall comfort?

ok so checked couple of online reviews and getting my mind set on the brand right now and that is Honda for sure.The question now is which vehicle of honda.Like many of you say activa but I've heard couple of ppl say dio is better cuz it gives slightly better mileage and way better looks that activa cuz my plan is get him a decent looking bike and also I can use it some times and dio somewhat fits this criteria na rather than activa?Is dio really that bad when compared with activa? Don't care much for any acceleration,power,speed and all cuz my bro has unicorn and I can use it for all that(also coming down from 150 cc's power/speed and all to 110 cc's would suck) and my father I'm sure won't drive either of those two(dio or activa) rashly or for any other thing than reach his office in time at slow or mid range speed.And one more thing Dio and activa both are gearless/automatic gearing mechanism right?Cuz he wants gearless vehicle only.

Upvote 0
Yes. Both Dio and Activa are gearless. If choice is limited to only two ..then i suggest you go for activa. Has good resale value.

Upvote 0
lol things don't usually get resold in my house.We use it till it dies 😛.Will get a test ride for both of those and then decide.Is the resale value the main factor on which you recommend activa?

Upvote 0
well resale value is a + point for activa. Activa is a little big than Dio. Rest all features are almost same. Since its your dad who's driving ..test ride them both and take what is comfortable. Also Y NO HERO PLEASURE?

Upvote 0
lol. almost all scooters in the market are girly in nature. the manly scooters have disappeared (chetak/nv/etc)

Upvote 0
Dio was like a bit better than the the others maniac but yes the good ones are no more 🙁. Gotta take my brother along with me 2morrow(about 99% sure) to get the bike so he'll test both and get the suitable one for our needs 🙂.

Upvote 0
Why don't you try TVS Wego. A newly launched scooter in Indian market.Its price are a little higher then Honda activa. First go for the test ride if it is accessible or not as it is a little heavy than Honda Activa.If you find it unmanageable then go for Honda Activa (Aviator).

Upvote 0
Mahindra has awesome range of scooters and bikes. For scooter you go for mahindra rodeo rz and for bike you can choose any one both pantero and centuro are loaded with great features. I like anti theft system most.

Upvote 0
jayant said:
All the vehicles you have listed above are beyond 45k on-road. From the above the cheapest would be Suzuki Access. If you are willing to spend more I would say go for honda activa, it is more reliable from the above mentioned. I heard Access has some handling issues & honda dio rides like a cycle.
I have both the activa and the access. The access is by far superior and painless compared to the activa. the suspension on the activa sucks, pickup is poor too when compared to the access. And if you are a solid guy - tall, heavy and broad, then it is definitely the access for you.

Upvote 0