Nokia Lumia 820

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 62
  • Views Views 6,441
*******s revealed nothing. no launch date. no launch markets. no prices. absolutely nothing. just Q4.

So they just rushed in to show their phone before the release of iPhone 5.People will forget about them once iPhone is released...

of course. no one would be talking about lumia after september 12. and Apple is more than likely to launch the next iPhone before either of these two models. Nokia is dead in the us market.well it already is dead. so it's not like anything would change for them!

People would make their minds if the pricing is revealed, in this kind of competition, starting a new OS this way will definitely sound doomsday for them!

Nokia Lumia 820 - first hands-on video - YouTube

So let me guess. The price for the 820 might be around 27k-ish and the price for the 920 might be around say 32k-ish? My guess is based on what they priced the 808 pureview.
Everyone was worried about the OS and yet it was priced at what 34k when it was introduced? But in these phones there are a lot of advantages or they might price it a little low so thought they can win the battle against Apple? People better in this field pour in your thoughts please.. 🙂

1 thing is sure Lumia 920 and 820 price would be lower then "new" iPhone.Its surprising that 820 has microSD card slot, while higher end 920 doesn't!They should have provided some more information, particularly launch date.

well they are already loading 920 with so much shit. they had to do this... i mean they make good profits on units with more storage. so it becomes a business decision to sell variants of the phone with different capacities. 820 being a budget segment model does not have the same advantage. they cannot have 2-3 variants with different storage at different prices. so what we are going to see is 16/32/64GB editions sold for 150/200/250 dollars probably. same logic used by google on nexus 7. Apple on iPhone and ipad.

Nokia shares plummeted 13 percent after its new Lumia smartphones failed to impress investors looking for transformational handsets to rescue the struggling Finnish company.

Nokia and its partner Microsoft Corp showcased the Lumia 920 phone on Wednesday in what may be their last major shot at reclaiming market share lost to Apple Inc, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd and Google Inc.

Microsoft and Nokia hope the device - sporting bright colors, a bigger screen and technology that reduces blur and shakiness in pictures and video - will become a potent weapon in an escalating global war to dominate the mobile industry. But investors said it lacked "wow" and gave it a quick thumbs-down. Some analysts said Nokia's reticence about dates, prices or carrier partners also did not help.

Nokia shares traded in Helsinki began sliding midway through the New York launch and ended down 13 percent at 1.99 euros, their biggest single-day loss since June. Nokia's U.S.-listed stock closed down nearly 16 percent at $2.38. The stock had gained 67 percent since mid-July as anticipation built ahead of the Lumia's unveiling.

The Lumia was the first in a flurry of planned mobile-device launches expected ahead of the holiday shopping season. Google's Motorola Mobility showed off three new smartphones based on Android software later on Wednesday. Verizon Wireless the top U.S. mobile provider committed to sell all three of the Motorola phones.

Amazon.com Inc will unwrap its new Kindle Fire tablets on Thursday and Apple is expected to unveil the latest version of its seminal iPhone on Sept. 12.

"The challenge is that the world is working on the 4th, 5th and 6th editions of their devices, while Nokia is still trying to move from chapter 1. It still has quite a bit to catch up," said RBC analyst Mark Sue.

"People were looking for something that would dazzle. Most investors will view it as evolutionary, not revolutionary. Nokia has made some good progress, but investors were looking for quantum leaps. We didn't get that."

New Windows phones from Nokia disappoint investors - ET

If I come for upgrade from my current Samsung Omnia W, 820 would be my first choice, as I dont really care for Pureview thing.But this change for me wont be happening in next 1 year 🙂For now only good thing that since WP8 may have released, MS would also starting releasing WP7.8 to its current WP7.5 phones.

and i hope razr m launches in india coz it would be my preferred phone to suggest to people looking for a new phone 😀