1350 uld plan giving low speed

• Thread starter Thread starter mlnm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,641

mlnm

ISP
Bsnl
Hi , recently on Aug 22 i have upgraded my plan from combo ULD 1000 to ULD 1350 combo ,the bandwidth is 4mbps n i should get min 500 kbps DW speed.But im getting only 200kbps maximum.n sometimes it drops down as low as 50kbps.Speedtest shows 1.5Mbps which was the speed i used to get on my previous plan that is 2Mbps.Then whats the hell is the difference between them? I registered complaint several times in their customer care n local office but every time ,they are closing the complaint without even telling me.It is so frustrating to me to call time n again.Still haven't sorted my problem out n im looking to disconnect bsnl.

You will never get 4mbps, that's for sure (In my case it is). U will only get max speed of 2Mbps and 512 Kbps after FUP.

You need to contact NIB Team and tell them to change my line profile according to my Broadband Plan. Or contact your exchnage DE and tell him same. Post your current ADSL statistics.

How to contact NIB team, I only know, how to contact BSNL exchange, but they say "it's not in their hands" all is controlled from Chandigarh.

This is my ADSL speed test result
https://www.speedtest.net

i mean stats from modem

rate should be above 4400 kbps (downstream),you to be able to browse with 4mbps speed
mine is 7999
you have it is around 1996 kbps or 2048 kbps

please check and post here

^Then you do not know how to.get the best out of your connection !

:screwy: didn't get u ..

i mean stats from modem

rate should be above 4400 kbps (downstream),you to be able to browse with 4mbps speed
mine is 7999
you have it is around 1996 kbps or 2048 kbps

please check and post here

DSL Status Connected
Downstream Data Rate 1992 kbps
Upstream Data Rate 494 kbps
DNS Primary 0.0.0.0
DNS Secondary 0.0.0.0
Max Att Downstream Rate 22248 kbps
Max Att Upstream Rate 992 kbps
SNR (Downstream) 45.0 dB
SNR (Upstream) 20.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Downstream) 19.0 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream) 9.5 dB
Gateway IP 0.0.0.0

PVC Name WAN IP Address
bsnl
-

LAN Port
IP Address 192.168.1.1
DHCP server On
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0

Sync rate is 1992kbps. Get it corrected to 4096 kbps. You've got very good line stats, dont disconnect it 😀

^ Your downstream is under 2mpbs
that is the reason your getting 2mbps
Contact AE or DE for your exchange
or else go to http://www.bsnl.in:9080/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/about_us/consumer_griev.html
Talk to Nodal Officer for broadband for your area. he is immediate appellate authority
check your speed at Welcome to BROADBAND NOC UTILITY PORTAL:148 * Intranet
and report your speed to DE or Nodal Officer and request them to increase speed.Mostly problem will be solved in a day
If not ,wait for 2-3days and call them again till your trails succeed

This way i got my speed increased from 1996 to 7996kbps. I have to talk to Nodal Officer to get it solved.,
This problem with bsnl i.e when we change to new plans with 4mbps,they limit speed to initially 2mbps and we have to literally fight wasting our time to get it changed to 4mbps

its a pan india problem of bsnl,thanks to lazy bsnl

I had the same problem and didn't got resolved after several complaints.I finally sent mail to BSNL grievance cell that did the trick, they fixed in two days though. You may want to try the same, I don't have address but you should find it in their site.