New Delhi - Malviya Nagar - Gurudwara - Reliable broadband connection!!!

sunandoghosh

ISP
depends
Hello friends,Pls suggest me which is a reliable broadband connection available in New Delhi - Malviya Nagar (near Gurudwara).I am sick of Tikona and cant bear it anymore. It does not work most of times and customer service sucks.Air tel Broadband for some strange reason is giving connections after 5 buildings but somehow the small zone of my area is not served by air tel broadband.To me the two options now seem to be available are -1. BSNL2. MTNLHowever both being government department make me all the more scared.Which service provider would you recommend out of BSNL and MTNL for my area and how has been your experience?My main concerns are decent speed, reliability, cost.Example - a 2mbps connection with 10g limit say around 1000 rs would meet my needs. I just want decent speed and reliability.Pls pour your thoughts / experiences and guide.Thanks in advance for your time.P.S. also i am looking for not dongle but wired broadband so that i can plug into router and share wifi in home

There is no bsnl in Delhi. But, mtnl is pretty awesome ! 😀

/facepalmDoc? That was a joke.

thanks everyone...i will go for MTNL...few more queries:1. do u suggest exploring FTH over simple mbps connection?2. also can i use my own Netgear n300 router or shall i purchase from MTNL?3. Does it make sense to opt for landline as we hardly use?pls suggest freinds

1) if FTTH is available in your area then definitely yes. 2) use your own. Their routers are crappy. 3) in mtnl you cannot get a connection without a land line AFAIK. You don't have to use it just keep it. There is no line rental as such.

I live in 90 block in Malviya Nagar.. I have an Airtel connection.. I hope that would be the best bet in terms of reliability..

thankful to all of you guys individually for your replies...Finally pls guide -1. How to get mtnl connection...i tried a lot BUT the website only allows me to leave my mobile number and says MTNL executive will contact me? any better way.2. My newly recently purchased Netgear router seems to be not working properly ..i purchsed from Nehru place few weeks back...is anyone arwre of how to get a replacemnet from service center as its under warranty