BSNL Broadband on Linux

• Thread starter Thread starter bsnluser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 59,763
instead of @dataone, username@bsnl.in is required. (for nib-ii connections).

hey guys,I too want help installing USB adsl ut 300 r2u in ubuntu 9.04. why doesnt ubuntu detect my usb modem? it detects all my other usb devices like portable hdd n external dvd writer.

hey guys,
I too want help installing USB adsl ut 300 r2u in ubuntu 9.04. why doesnt ubuntu detect my usb modem? it detects all my other usb devices like portable hdd n external dvd writer.

Hi scorpion,
There could be few issues so first get them out the way.

a. The USB port on which you have put the USB modem may not be working. You could test if the port is working properly by putting up the portable hdd.

b. Your usb modem itself may have been damaged or something. Can you check the modem on some other computer or OS and see if its getting detected.

c. If both of the above are good as in the USB port is good and the modem is not the issue (that means its not a hardware issue) then try this :-

Before putting in the USB modem try this command

Code:
$ sudo lsusb
After putting up the USB modem and waiting for couple of minutes try the above command again. See if there is any difference. If there is, let it be known on the forum. Maybe we will know what the issue is.

yup...there r a lot of problems with the hardware driver compatibility in 9.04..like the display driver issues[intel].These bugs hasn't been fixed with the latest release..it would be better to the downgrade to the previos version untill these are fixed..