Frequent interruptions while watching channels

• Thread starter Thread starter becks9211
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 6,207

becks9211

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I have been experiencing frequent interruptions while watching most of channels especially on Ten Action , picture get stuck frequently.I called technician for same problem, he told me to change dish antenna as it was smaller which I did but the problem still persisted.Then he told me to try changing LNB ,after changing LNB signal strength has increased than earlier & frequency of interruptions has reduced but not completely gone away.Now Dish TV CC guys are telling me to change STB as it is old. Should I go for it?Also changing dish antenna or LNB was necessary?Thanks.

Hi,
I have been experiencing frequent interruptions while watching most of channels especially on Ten Action , picture get stuck frequently.
I called technician for same problem, he told me to change dish antenna as it was smaller which I did but the problem still persisted.Then he told me to try changing LNB ,after changing LNB signal strength has increased than earlier & frequency of interruptions has reduced but not completely gone away.
Now Dish TV CC guys are telling me to change STB as it is old. Should I go for it?
Also changing dish antenna or LNB was necessary?

Thanks.

We went thru similar hell for more than 6 months. Changed everything - dish, LNB, cable, STB. Finally, what actually fixed the problem was the VC card (sim card). Ask them to give you a new card. Good luck. See my previous posts.

We went thru similar hell for more than 6 months. Changed everything - dish, LNB, cable, STB. Finally, what actually fixed the problem was the VC card (sim card). Ask them to give you a new card. Good luck. See my previous posts.
I talked about this with cc guys,they said that it has nothing to do with VC card.They are telling me to buy new STB as mine is old one (Kaon model) , it can't be upgraded with new software.Still I tried with different VC card (borrowed from friend) ,but I was getting "Card Refresh Error".
Another thing is my current average signal strength is 50-55 & average signal quality is around 75.
Will changing STB make any difference to my current signal stats considering I already have changed antenna & LNB.

Finally changing VC card did trick for me. Everything is working fine now. Hope it will help others. Thanks punekar.

Its basically because of the dust or anything which gets accumulated on the magnetic part of the VC card...Happened to one of my friends who had a Airtel but was having trouble with only the HD channels...Take any solution containing BORAX and clean with it!!