• Thread starter Thread starter agantuk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,703

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
ISP
N/A
Has anyone tried Carnation? I hear good things from folks, but then I haven't really had a bad experience with Hyundai service quality either - apart from their irritating arm twisting tactics to get more out of each service. Thing is I have got some vouchers for waxing and polishing and wanted to check if these guys are any good before giving my car to them.

i have not been to carnation though they have an outlet here in gurgaon. i have been to car plus and my experience with them has been sort of average. you would probably find tons of reviews on carnation on team-bhp etc. though it is pretty hard to trust user opinions there nowadays.

^^why so? I always thought tbhp was a reliable source.I too am planning to try out carnation one of these days.

because folks there expect too much from everything? just like folks here expect too much from isps? just a matter of opinion. i have stopped checking that forum out.

LOL. I did go through TBHP. Like all obsessive maniacs, some have done detailed reviews on them and you know how touchy they can get 🙂 It sounded OK from what I could figure out, and even otherwise my colleagues give their car to Carnation as it is by 'Maruti', LOL 😀 They wouldn't know the difference either way. I am finicky about small things too, not to the TBHP extent, but I just don't want my car coming back worse than it was.

yeah. that's what i feel about tbhp. people there get too touchy about anything and everything. i guess i am the same when it comes to airtel broadband at my place. one person with one bad experience would label it the best thing ever. another person with one bad experience would label it the worst thing ever.

That is true for all dedicated forums isn't it? the more you dissect I think the more evil you bring out of it.

lol. i had these experiences when i gave my car to apra here in gurgaon. almost every time i would get something or the other messed up. new scratches were fairly common. my experience with car plus has been better because they are not really a service center like carnation. they are more of an accessory shop with the actual workplace accessible to the customer. i hate when you are blocked from entering the place where work is actually being done on your car. shit happens when the workers know that no one is watching them do what they are doing.

LOL, it comes back same as before. I give it to Hyundai itself. Earlier it used to come back dirty, but then I refused to take delivery a couple of times, and they had to set things right and give it back. On one of those occassions I gave them an 8 (bad) and got a free interior cleaning on my next service. Since then they have ensured they don't mess around with my car.

i still remember an awful experience with apra. one of the door handles was malfunctioning. so they replaced the part. all well. but... they were out of the black colored handle so they put in a silver colored one. service engineer did not even bother telling me about it. when i was delivered the car, saw that one door handle was silver in color, while the rest were black. i was like 😕 i asked and was told that they were out of black handles and i can come back at a later stage to get it replaced with a black colored unit.

My experience with apra okhla was similar. I had a terrible time explaining them the problems I was facing and getting a solution.

right. and it did not help that i actually know the owners of the apra group (i mean dad). whenever i met the guy i would tell him about my hilarious experiences at their service centers.

you seriously did that?? how did the guy responded to the shit at his own service centre ?? cant be laughing:haha:

lol. it's not like they are new to shit like that. apra is pretty huge in delhi ncr. i guess they easily sell thousands of cars through their showrooms spread across every month. no one cares about the user experience in service centers. everyone knows that shit happens on a daily basis 🙂interestingly enough apra started with their first showroom for daewoo here in gurgaon besides 32nd milestone (owned by the same guy/group). i still remember the first time i saw matiz at 32nd milestone during the launch. i fell in love with that car instantly. i had the pleasure of driving a matiz when my cousin bought it soon after. i was not making enough money at that time to buy it myself. cousin sold his matiz after 2 years of abuse without telling me. it was sold for so little that even i could have afforded at that time 😀 sadly, he did not inform me in time about his decision to get rid of it 🙁 daewoo cielo and matiz are two of the finest cars i have ridden in 😛