• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 9,782

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
shit happened yesterday, when i tried to withdraw 10000 from an sbi ATM, i didnt get any money, but got a receipt that "unable to process". i thought it was due to an issue in my debit card or something, i tried with another debit card(both cards ICICI BANK) same thing happened.

in 5 minutes to my horror i got a message that money is debited from my both accounts:crazy1::mad ()::scare:

now i had compained within minutes, and icici did credit (temporary ) money, subject to case raised with sbi and if they find any problem , money will be gone from my account again.........

mail by the bank goes as follows

"Dear Customer,

We write with reference to your request regarding a discrepancy in your cash withdrawal at an non-ICICI-Bank ATM.
We wish to inform you that

As a gesture of goodwill and without admission of any liability on the part of ICICI Bank,we agree to pay you the disputed amount towards full and final settlement of all your claims regarding the discrepancy and that you shall have no further claims against ICICI Bank.

If the claim raised by ICICI Bank on the bank at whose ATM the aforementioned discrepancy was experienced is not settled in favour of ICICI Bank,ICICI Bank reserves the right to debit the above said amount to your account and you authorise us to do so.

Kindly e-mail us at customercare@icicibank.com within 4 days of receipt of mail in the event any clarifications are required,in absence of which your consent to above contents shall be deemed to have been provided.
Regards, Customer Service Team ICICI Bank Limited

This is an auto generated mail. Please do not reply to the same.

Regards,
Customer Service Team.
ICICI Bank Limited.

do i have anything to worry??? i have atm receipts as a proof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the proof safely & mostly you should be ok.. When Settlement/Reconciliation happens, SBI would not be (or atleast should not be) showing up to them that they dispensed money to you & hence it will get corrected.I think what you might see is that 10000 credited back & ICICI would probably take back the temporary money (If you understand the technical aspect). Unless the technical folks check something and fix things in the backend itself.

having faced similar issues with sbi atm in the past, i avoid them like plague. i don't care if i end up paying a small fee for using third party ATMs but i am not going to touch another SBI ATM ever. my dad faced similar issues with two such false payments and even he has stopped using their ATM machines. i stick with kotak mahindra atms. never gave me any problems.

@chromy, SBI is ur primary bank ???i am gonna avoid SBI ATM, just like a plague now........shit they are.

Happened to a friend as well while using an SBI ATM. Is a common issue with SBI I believe.

dad had to deal with sbi bank guys in delhi to get the money refunded. in most cases, the money would be returned back automatically in a couple of days. but shit happens. my primary bank is standard chartered which i use for credit card transactions. i also have an old icici account that i just use for savings. but i have a sbi card for expenses purposes and hence most of the cash transactions i make are through an sbi debit card. 😕 my local market has tons of atm machines. my preferred route is kotak > andhra > icici > others when it comes to using the atm machines.

So I'm not the only one having issues while using SBI ATMs. I've faced similar issues twice, as I use SBI because it's near to my residence. After the second incident, I have completely stopped using SBI ATMs.

They boast of maximum ATMs in the country (I think), guess they are getting overloaded.. 😛

lol. rbi regulations actually messed up the things. earlier people stayed with their own bank's atm machines and as a result folks like me were happy. few people used stanchart atms and they worked perfectly as a result. now that all atms are open to all consumers, all of the atms are now equally abused. i used to rely on a stanchart atm because it was never crowded. always was functional. but after the regulation change, it is almost always malfunctioning. it is located in a market with few other atms and as a result, it is the primary target of anyone who wants to take out cash. this is also a good reason why i avoid taking out small amount of money at one time. you never know what kind of atm you would have to deal with in times of need. i take out enough cash to last me 2-3 weeks in one go from a safe atm.the problem with the open infrastructure is that banks have stopped opening newer atms because they no longer need to expand their network. that has added to the problem. newer atm machines opening up in my locality has now become a rare occurance. so the existing network is now abused by more number of people.

Well, they have restricted it to 5 transactions in a month. Also, we need to consider its a boon for people whose nearest own bank ATM (non-popular banks) could be a few km away. I remember having to travel 2.5 km to withdraw from a savings back ATM account. But, yes, I agree to the point that this has causes in banks spending less on getting new ATMs.