• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 54,682

raddy

Regular
ISP
Reliance JioFiber
Hello Everybody

Airtel did a exhibition in our apartment yesterday on Airtel 4G LTE.
We ordered an Airtel 4G LTE USB Dongle yesterday in it.

The price which was offered to us was Rs 2499 with 6 month 999 plan which offers 9GB per month.
Here is the speed i got in a demo shown to us in my Laptop.

I was really astonished to see such high speed in "our country" for such a price and that too via a wireless solution.
I can understand that the offered bandwidth cap is very much small for such a speed, but even then the speed which Airtel offered was really amazing.
The Airtel gut assured me that they would maintain 10 MBps as minimum speed in the course of time.

I need one clarification from experts in this forum on a moment which made me awestruck.
We can easily get rated speed inside our country when we point speedtest.net to Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai servers.
But the speedtest meter hit back to 40 MBps instantly even if i point to a server which is located in USA.
How can that be possible, please explain me guys.
As i haven't seen more than 4MBps against a USA server in our country.

But the poor Huawei USB Dongle used software compression and modulation.
Because of that my Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 13" Laptop brought to it's knees when i try to watch a Full HD Video in Youtube.
It is certainly not because of playing a Full HD Video in my Laptop created such an impact.

mmm. people already have 10mbps plans from act and beam. people here are on airtel landline plans with 16mbps. airtel lte is not astonishing from any angle if 10mbps is the speed they are aiming for once their network gets congested. i mean you can freaking achieve 21mbps on 3g networks. what is the whole point of lte then? in any case, speeds really does not matter much. except for a handful of services, you are not going to gain much from having a 40mbps plan. the whole problem is with the pricing of bandwidth. paying 100 bucks for 1GB of data at 40mbps? what is the point?

As someone in the forum quoted - We can see the money go down the drain faster (I think it was genie)

@ chromaniacAct and Beam are good once and they offer great speeds in a reasonable cost.I think Airtel 16MBps plans would have cost like leased line and may not be available in many cities.I can understand that once Airtel 4G LTE speed reaches 10MBps speeds, then it is not astonishing or awestruck.Can you let me know which operator provides 21MBps in 3G in India?Just mind that, my excitement reflected in the post is not for 10MBps speed having internet service.

Also I see 999 plan has 6 GB at their website, so you got a better deal because of the demo at your apartments?Edit: I see some cashback offer. So I guess 1399 plan does come to around 950 with cashback for 6 months.Also post FUP, its 128 kbps.Interestingly they say covered in Kolkatta & Bangalore & have highlighted/colored the complete state in the adjoining map.

I was really astonished to see such high speed in "our country" for such a price and that too via a wireless solution.
I can understand that the offered bandwidth cap is very much small for such a speed, but even then the speed which Airtel offered was really amazing.
The Airtel gut assured me that they would maintain 10 MBps as minimum speed in the course of time.

I need one clarification from experts in this forum on a moment which made me awestruck.
We can easily get rated speed inside our country when we point speedtest.net to Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai servers.
But the speedtest meter hit back to 40 MBps instantly even if i point to a server which is located in USA.
How can that be possible, please explain me guys.
As i haven't seen more than 4MBps against a USA server in our country.

40Mbps to US Servers from India is quiet unbelievable, I'll check the 4g speeds again later today & update. BTW what was the latency to US Servers

AFAIK most Indian Operators 3g networks were built on 21 Mbps theoretical limit equipment(also because of the 5Mhz lean spectrum allocated to each operator). Most users reported max speeds of about 5-7 Mbps on 3g but 'Airtel's 4G networks theoretical limit is 100 Mbps(although they claim only upto 40 Mbps)' - so speeds of about 30-40 Mbps will be quiet common on a fixed(non moving) device & this shall remain for the most part if such FUP is maintained by Airtel or another operator

mmm. people already have 10mbps plans from act and beam. people here are on airtel landline plans with 16mbps. airtel lte is not astonishing from any angle if 10mbps is the speed they are aiming for once their network gets congested. i mean you can freaking achieve 21mbps on 3g networks. what is the whole point of lte then?

in any case, speeds really does not matter much. except for a handful of services, you are not going to gain much from having a 40mbps plan. the whole problem is with the pricing of bandwidth. paying 100 bucks for 1GB of data at 40mbps? what is the point?

Yes rightly said, 40Mbps at such FUP is indeed not of much use. I can use up all my limit within 10 mins & would then have to stick to 128 Kbps for the rest of the month, Smartbytes is very expensive too. I mainly use this for browsing or times when i need to download something quickly & shall maintain a second wired connection with a much higher FUP for normal usage

Also I see 999 plan has 6 GB at their website, so you got a better deal because of the demo at your apartments?

Edit: I see some cashback offer. So I guess 1399 plan does come to around 950 with cashback for 6 months.

Also post FUP, its 128 kbps.

Interestingly they say covered in Kolkatta & Bangalore & have highlighted/colored the complete state in the adjoining map.

Coverage maps on Airtel website has issues. It shows coverage for the entire world... lol

But even when it was working fine the coverage was not accurate at least in Bangalore, my locality showed up as 'No Coverage' but i got full signal when the Airtel guy came for the Demo.

BTW i have a list of all the 4g enabled Airtel towers in Bangalore if someone wants to check coverage etc but can't post it on a public forum, PM me for more info

what is act and beam? pls elaborate
raddy said:
@ chromaniacAct and Beam are good once and they offer great speeds in a reasonable cost.I think Airtel 16MBps plans would have cost like leased line and may not be available in many cities.I can understand that once Airtel 4G LTE speed reaches 10MBps speeds, then it is not astonishing or awestruck.Can you let me know which operator provides 21MBps in 3G in India?Just mind that, my excitement reflected in the post is not for 10MBps speed having internet service.

sunandoghosh said:
what is act and beam? pls elaborate
ACT and Beam are Internet Service Providers just like Airtel, Tikona, Hathway etc.

With the reduced 4g tariffs, I have been offered 999 for 10GB and ONLY Rs. 400 for the device, corporate offer!! No kidding 😛layful:
I feel this is a steal, what do you all think??

Hi,
I found Airtel is a big cheater,
They promissed me the 10mbps speed and shown to me at the tne of demo also, but it went to [color=rgb(255,0,0);]0.2Mbps[/color],
is this the 4G Speed?
When i asked them about this they told me that they are working on it,
but still not resolved,
See the mail to airtel
---------Original Message----------
To: 121@in.airtel.com
Cc:
Sent: 16/10/2013 02:32:50 PM
Subject: Regarding complaint number 53310969

To Whom ever it may concern

It is to inform that "it very bad service providing by your customers care
executives"
for 4G LTE Router With

Number :- 8105800766,
Name :- Nakka Praveen,
E mail :- thepraveen.com@gmail.com
Complaint Number :- 53310969 raised on 14/10/2013

It is pro-missed by your Customer care to resolve the problem by 12:30PM of
16/10/2013

I called to your customer care on 16/10/2013 for 7 times but problem is not
resolved.

and Very IRRESPONSIBLE staff, And all CHEATERS & LAIRS, YOU People tell you are
working on problem but no people turn up to work, very LETHARGIC PEOPLE YOU are.

And one of your executive on my request told me that they will connect the call
to higher authority & made me wait for 2 Minutes and told me back nobody is
there like higher authority are you people all left the job or what?

I DID NOT ASK YOU PEOPLE TO GIVE SHARE IN YOU COMPANY, I JUST ASKED TO MAKE
JUSTICE TO MY INVESTMENT MADE ON YOUR COMPANY.

Regards,
N.Praveen.

Airtel reply
Namaste!

You wrote in on 16-10-2013, expressing the concern regarding your airtel mobile number.

We completely comprehend your viewpoint and sincerely apologize for any difficulty caused to you by our Customer service department.

We take pride in enhancing our customers with our responsive and friendly approach. It has always been our constant endeavor to ensure, that our customers are delighted by our inimitable approach.

Hence we have registered your request and your reference number53310969. Our team will contact you shortly.

Thank you so much for choosing to continue with airtel.

We welcome your feedback.

Yours Sincerely,
Ganpati Baratwaj
Customer Care
Bharti Airtel Limited

Please Please dont go for Airtel 4G dongle..............
Activation is a biggest problem in Airtel 4G, it near to 20 days after i bought Airtel 4G dongle including Sim. But the sim is not yet activated. If i call the customer care (18001030405) they said my document details are not updated in Airtel site, so i have to contact the executive who provided the dongle, if i cal that guys they never responded. i was calling more than 50 times for both the numbers daily but no response (some time i received "Call waiting").Even i raised the complaint in Airtel site, but nothing happened.I’m still waiting.......some customer care guys telling to go for another Airtel 4G sim by paying Rs.200 and wait for 72 hrs to activate. Not sure still how many days i have to wait.....i’m loosing my hope on Airtel 4G dongle will activate.

I completely agree with RaviSCM.
I faced similar situation with 3G dongle.
Airtel is not bothering about complaints.. they are only considered to spread its network buy selling its dongles.
Don't purchase with the Agent visiting you at your home. Go to nearest retailer. Make sure you take all the contacts of that cell division before leaving the office.
There internet connection is good ( as far as i am concerened, it depends on the area and signal strength ) but customer care and after sale services are worst.