BSNL GSM Fixed Wireless Phone

• Thread starter Thread starter kms_vizag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 9,978

kms_vizag

ISP
bsnl
Request members to post their experiences & opinions about BSNL's GSM FWP (network locked fixed wireless phone).

I am happy with the GSM FWT. Useful for elderly people who are not conversant with handheld mobiles. It is better than a landline phone that it can be carried to wherever you live.. No hassles with faulty landlines...I took it for Rs1000 from Asilmetta exchange(I guess U R from Vizag) about an year ago and quite happy with the performance so far. Touchwood.

thnx draog

i hav myself bought one just after starting this thread. make is Teracom WP601. currently, i'm using it with vodafone sim and plan to port it into aircel as the latter's signal is good in my locality. For the price bsnl is disposing this old stock, it is worth & does a bit more than a ordinary landline phone & has inbuilt 2g modem (which works !!) certainly better than having landline which goes dead, frequently.

i noticed that the monochrome dotmatrix display is consuming a lot of battery and so the standby duration is less.

i wish to know if one can connect it to 12v 7ah battery to the 12v dc current socket provided on the phone. If it works that way, then battery standby too would not be a problem. written to Teracom for clarification but they did not reply.

btw, draog, did u get it with bsnl network locked or in open condition ? i was told that they scrapped the network locked scheme (rs125 * 12 months free talk time) a few months ago. certainly a relief to me, as i don't have good bsnl network coverage.

Dont know about the battery thing. I always connect the adapter-provided to mains all the time and the battery-backup is good enough for the power-cuts we have. Have not tried w/o mains..I am still using the BSNL SIM in it that was provided when I bought and with concessional/free calling. Have not tried other SIMs and hnce dont know if it was unlocked or not... Have good enough BSNL signal at my place.

i don't think it is good idea leaving the adapter connected to mains all the time.

i have noticed that the phone is functioning without (3x1.2v) batteries inside, but just the 12v adapter connected to the mains. it indicates that the instrument can work either on 12v DC or 3.6v DC. and if 12v DC is connected with (3x1.2v) batteries inside, the latter are getting charged as well.

on the otherhand if 12v 7ah battery suits this phone, it would certainly give a standby of over a month without the need to worry about low battery auto power-off.

Dear members, I wish to know if I could plug in a 12V 7Ah battery power to the 12v power socket on the phone to get a longer standby time ? (as the phone is going to be used in a fixed place at home.)

following additional info which might be useful / required to answer my query:

Manufacturer has provided
(1) a 12 VDC 0.450A switching adapter, for runnning the instrument on domestic power supply as well as simultaneously charging 3x1.2v batteries inside the phone.
(2) a simple adapter for use in car (which I opened and found no special step down /up circuit in it.).

anybody tell me how to unlock gsm fixed wireless phone wp601 bsnl for use of other networks

bsnl has wound up the network lock scheme for fixed gsm phones. i think you should find out from bsnl office (where u bought your phone) itself about getting it unlocked. only they can do it.