Speed getting reduced before FUP limit reached

• Thread starter Thread starter mons_myst
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 7,705
Hmmm. That IS concerning - I'm on ACT as well, barely two weeks into my new connection. I've used around 20 GB down and maybe 4 GB up so far. I'm pretty sure I'll exceed 40 GB eventually so I'll let you know how that goes for me :tongue:Out of curiosity, what has customer care told you so when you asked them? I've heard a whole host of complaints about ACT on this forum so far, but I believe this is the first time I'm hearing something about FUPs being incorrectly enforced.PS: As a digression, considering how stable my ACT connection has been so far I'm probably going to surrender my Airtel connection either tomorrow or some time next week!

^^ yes i strongly feel that if ur ACT connection is stable enough u can surrender ur Airtel, for emergency u can take a 3G dongle ans aircel 3G plans r best. 🙂

I got ACT connection a month ago. I am on the ACT BB Premium plan (999). Till now i have consumed about 36 GB download and 12 GB upload limit, but speed has been reduced from 10Mbps to 512 kbps.

Here is the speed test screenshot
https://www.speedtest.net/result/2140836551.png

Please help....!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for bringing up the issue, on analysing we found few customer accounts did not get updates in "my account" page even though the actual usage as per the QoS is high. Those accounts have been reset already, said that do let us know if you come across similar issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rgds

Hmmm. That IS concerning - I'm on ACT as well, barely two weeks into my new connection. I've used around 20 GB down and maybe 4 GB up so far. I'm pretty sure I'll exceed 40 GB eventually so I'll let you know how that goes for me 😛

Out of curiosity, what has customer care told you so when you asked them? I've heard a whole host of complaints about ACT on this forum so far, but I believe this is the first time I'm hearing something about FUPs being incorrectly enforced.

PS: As a digression, considering how stable my ACT connection has been so far I'm probably going to surrender my Airtel connection either tomorrow or some time next week!

I just crossed 42 GB and my speeds are still reasonable. Sounds like mons_myst's issue was a one off case.

https://www.speedtest.net

I second you on this. I am also facing the same issue and despite having 30GB plan my speed has been reduced after usage of 20GB. On callling customer care, they simply mentioned your FUP limit is over and is displaying at 31 GB at their end and the page is not displaying data correctly. I am pretty sure that I have not used up all the data as and there is no reason for me to trust ACT CC as tomorrow they'll say the limit is over even if I might have only used 1 GB.

Yes I strongly reccommend that a PIL is filed and this is taken up at the regulatory level as well. I have faced a similar problem with ACT. I was on the Rs 999 plan and by the 18-20th of the month I would get a mail saying that 80 % of limit was utilized.
I upgraded to the Rs 1500 plan (25 mbps and 60 GB free), now I have started getting mails from ACT that 80% limit up by the 28th of the month. I am sure the same thing will happen this month as well.
PLease contact me on 9986027550 to activate legal action. This service provider should be slapped with IPC 420 case for cheating.
Ananda Ranga Moola