Youtube problem with Airtel broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dracula
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 4,308

Dracula

ISP
Airtel
Me along with some freinds are facing problem in streaming videos on youtube.The streaming from the past week has been very slow.I know its not a issue with my laptop or pc cause I have noticed this problem on my iPhone and ipad aswell.I have updated flash,re-installed browser,emptied my cache , temp internet files and like tried every single option out there.I have a 2mbps plan with 75 gb. And no the bandwidth has not finished.There is another strange thing that when I download the vids of youtube I get the exact speed I used to get before that is like 290-300kbps with idm.But the streaming is problematic.Its driving me crazy.Please help.

Did you try a different browser?This might happen when the videos are being streamed from a Youtube server that is not located in India. Open youtube on your browser & click on the videos on the homepage. Do they load up at full speed?

Yes I have tried Firefox, Safari , Opera even Internet Explorer.The problem is same with each browser.The videos on the homepage aswell buffer after like every 10 seconds and it is really annoying.

360p videos? I'm also assuming that you removed flash, restarted & installed flash again...That's a tricky problem.Did you complain? What did they say?

I was about to post the same problem. I have been facing this problem for a while now. I use DUMeter to measure the speed at all times, and I never seem to max-out on YouTube. Sometimes a video will load at 30+ KBps but midway it'll drop to 2KBps. It's very annoying.

I think the problem is in the punjab area only.I live in chandigarh..I haven't complained yet cause I know the IQ of the call centre ppl.They will drop me down to their idiocy level and bash me with experience.

Yes, I wasn't waiting for them to reply to this thread. I was too lazy to actually tell them the problem, but hopefully they'll just go through this topic and acknowledge my problem.

they don't even bother. they would call you back and you would have to describe your problem again. happens all the time with me.

Me along with some freinds are facing problem in streaming videos on youtube.
The streaming from the past week has been very slow.
I know its not a issue with my laptop or pc cause I have noticed this problem on my iPhone and ipad aswell.
I have updated flash,re-installed browser,emptied my cache , temp internet files and like tried every single option out there.
I have a 2mbps plan with 75 gb. And no the bandwidth has not finished.
There is another strange thing that when I download the vids of youtube I get the exact speed I used to get before that is like 290-300kbps with idm.
But the streaming is problematic.
Its driving me crazy.
Please help.

same here buddy. youtube video streaming is too slow.. must be the routing problem from airtel side

That DNS solution seems to be working for me (at least till now). Changed it google's public dns and youtube is loading at full speed. 😀