New Airtel Broadband Plans For Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter mS8^Y4prh8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 13,286

mS8^Y4prh8

Regular
Hey guys Airtel has updated the plans for Bangalore again. Unfortunately it seems they have removed all 175GB plans from the line-up and the current limit is 125GB.

I think the voice benefit is very incorrect for all these plans.

Transonic 1250 8mbps is the best plan. Wish they'd bring these plans to Punjab, but sadly no competition. Reliance can kick their ass but they have no interest in providing services(including after sales)

Post fair use limit, the speed for all Bangalore plans is 256kbps. In Delhi some high speed plans have 512kbps. :Confuzzled:

In Delhi,1699 plan --> 2Mbps till 80GBIn Bangalore,1700 plan --> 16Mbps till 80GB:angry:

In Delhi,
1699 plan --> 2Mbps till 80GB

In Bangalore,
1700 plan --> 16Mbps till 80GB

:angry:

That s because of ACT,HATHWAY..
ACT is moving to all areas in full swing..

I think Airtel create different plans without giving much thought. For example:The old plan Rapid 75GB is Rs.2150. The new plan Rapid 80GB is Rs. 2099. You pay Rs.51 less and gain 5GB, which is great.Now, the old plan Turbo 75GB is Rs.1800. The new plan Turbo 80GB is Rs.1899. You are made to play Rs.99 more to gain 5GB.Why this loss and gain for same data but for different speeds. Pricing seems to be totally random.Bangalore plans seem to be cheaper but again they are restricting the maximum data to 125GB which is not good enough for some us. If we purchase more data via smartbytes, things will balance out or tilt against Bangalore plans.For a high-end user like me: Transonic 125GB@8mbps is Rs. 2000 or Rs. 16 per GBRapid 175GB@8mbps is Rs. 2599 or Rs.14.85 per GBBut on the other hand, Turbo 125Gb costs Rs.1900, Turbo80GB costs Rs.1400 in Bangalore and Turbo 80GB costs Rs.1899 elsewhere. In other words, you pay Rs.500 extra for the same amount of data and pay the same price for 45GB less data if you are not in Bangalore.If you thought that is bad, Transonic 125GB costs Rs. 2000, Transonic 80GB costs Rs. 1500 in Bangalore and Rapid 80GB costs Rs.2099 elsewhere. In other words, you pay Rs.600 more for the same amount of data and pay Rs.100 more for 45GB less data if you are not in Bangalore.Airtel is insane (not in a good way).

That s because of ACT,HATHWAY..
ACT is moving to all areas in full swing..

All areas...when ? I still see no Koramangala or HSR in the list of available areas provided by Act.

I do not know how much an ISP should be trusted when it provides first in locations like Ramamurthy Nagar and not Koramangala/HSR Layout...LOL

All areas...when ? I still see no Koramangala or HSR in the list of available areas provided by Act.

I do not know how much an ISP should be trusted when it provides first in locations like Ramamurthy Nagar and not Koramangala/HSR Layout...LOL

I think kormangala has all operators except ACT
and rammurthy nagar has no operators except ACT
What about tata wired? Heard it s good..But giving only for apartments in our area. Same case with airtel

I still don trust act/hathway..Bsnl down time is very less when compared to ACT.
only problem i face is cable problem ..water logged cables

And these state owned company is providing unlimited through fiber..But ya cost is the only thing..just came across 100 mbits unlimited on their website lol

But on the other hand, Turbo 125Gb costs Rs.1900, Turbo80GB costs Rs.1400 in Bangalore and Turbo 80GB costs Rs.1899 elsewhere. In other words, you pay Rs.500 extra for the same amount of data and pay the same price for 45GB less data if you are not in Bangalore.
If you thought that is bad, Transonic 125GB costs Rs. 2000, Transonic 80GB costs Rs. 1500 in Bangalore and Rapid 80GB costs Rs.2099 elsewhere. In other words, you pay Rs.600 more for the same amount of data and pay Rs.100 more for 45GB less data if you are not in Bangalore.
Thank you 😀 There goes their argument that speed costs...

I think the voice benefit is very incorrect for all these plans.
Then I'll update as soon as they correct it.

I've requested for plan change to Supersonic 1500 - 60 GB (from Rs. 899 plan) yesterday and was told that I will be informed about feasibility by 8th Sep.