New Airtel Broadband Plans For Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter mS8^Y4prh8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 13,290
Complain to them. The least you should get is 8+ mbps on speedtest servers. In practical, you might not be able to max your connection due to routing issues to other countries.

What speeds do you get when you download files over http?

I see.
Most of the time its hovering around 3-4 mbps!!
What speeds do you get when you download files over http? Download something & tell us. You should be hitting 8mbps easily.

These new plans are a bloody scam! 5 of my friends from different parts Bangalore have requested for a plan migration to these new plans. But all of us have got back a statement saying that this speed is not feasible.

not necessarily. they are not offering 8/16mbps plans in most areas. only a few areas are supported. unfortunate? yes. scam? nope.

I have moved around some 3 times in the past 5 years here. Every time they initially say we cant provide those speeds in your new area, but they eventually do after some pestering.

I am thinking of e-mailing them every month for a migration to a 8mbps plan until they give it to me.

lol. they did not offer 4mbps plans in my area till sometime ago. i only found out about the availability when a friend living near my place got it. they need to have a system to inform users when new speeds are available in their regions. at least to consumers who have showed interest in those plans.

not necessarily. they are not offering 8/16mbps plans in most areas. only a few areas are supported. unfortunate? yes. scam? nope.

I repeat yet again that I'm yet to see a single review from an actual customer who has Airtel Fibrenet FTTH service anywhere in any city.

Clearly these plans are launched on their website for just creating a buzz in the market. More and more, Airtel is looking like Hayai 2.0 in the making.

I stay in heart of bangalore city, very near to their exchange, and still they said 8 mbps is not feasible! Let alone 16mbps!

we do not really have people living in posh societies in gurgaon on the forum. airtel has probably laid down fiber in the newer societies probably near to their own datacenters.

I stay in heart of bangalore city, very near to their exchange, and still they said 8 mbps is not feasible! Let alone 16mbps!
Look at your line rate on your router page. If it is above 8500kbps take a screenshot of the page and bug them till they give you the upgrade.

New plans!!! A 20mbps plan has been added 😉

Looks like their formatting goes to hell every time the update their plans 😀 They correct it after sometime but there is no point in waiting xD

Look at your line rate on your router page. If it is above 8500kbps take a screenshot of the page and bug them till they give you the upgrade.

Do you mean attainable rate downstream? If that is the case mine is 24000 Kbps but they still refused to migrate my connection to 8 Mbps speed giving me lame excuse of "area not feasible" please confirm on this and I will follow up with them until they give me 8 MBPS connection