New Airtel Broadband Plans For Bangalore

• Thread starter Thread starter mS8^Y4prh8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 13,287
Its a pity they discontinued the 150 GB plans but they do have a 125 GB plan.......although it is Rs.500 more for the 4MBps plans....

could not locate 125GB plan for Delhi NCR. they do have more options down south. 🙂 (updated the blog post to mention that the post is made based on plans in delhi ncr).

I've requested for plan change to Supersonic 1500 - 60 GB (from Rs. 899 plan) yesterday and was told that I will be informed about feasibility by 8th Sep.
I've also raised a request to change my plan to Transonic 1250 - 60 gb. They have told me as well, that they will let me know the feasibility. However when I took their connection in March, I had intented to take the 4 MBPS plan, but they told me that my area only has 2 MBPS feasibility!! I live in Puurva Fountain Square, right off marathahalli bridge!
Where do you stay? Anyone has any idea if Marathahalli area has feasibility for 8 GB ??

In continuation of post #11 in this thread, here are some more observations:Turbo 150GB old plan = Rs. 2250Turbo 80GB new plan - Rs. 1899Max 150GB old plan = Rs. 2150Max 80GB new plan = Rs. 1699I notice 2 things from the above:1. The cost difference of 70GB for 4mbps is Rs. 351 and that for 2mbps is Rs.451. I have no idea why the same amount of data costs more at lesser speeds!?2. There's incentive for existing Turbo 150 and Max 150 subscribers to stick with their current plans because you get 70GB more for Rs. 350 and Rs. 450 respectively. So, the cost of 1GB is Rs.5 (@4mbps) and Rs. 6.4 (@2mbps). That's a steal when compared to smartbytes which charges Rs. 1500 for 50GB.

I think they were feeling the heat from ACT. I know atleast 5-6 guys in my office who switched over from Airtel to ACT because of high speed and lower charges. I am personally very happy with these new plans - 16gbps/60GB 1500 bucks plan is what i have opted for. Fingers crossed, hopefully i should move over to the new plan in a week !

We still haven't heard from anyone who got 16mbps, have we?At some places, even 8mbps is not feasible. When I spoke to CC, I was told that 16mbps is for preferential customers who will get copper cables or some thing like that.

Lets see ... my friend got upped to 8gbps recently in Thippasandra. I am in Sarjapur Road - if i dont get upped to 16gps, i will opt for 8gbps.

I got 8 mbps activated for myself. Another person in my apartment also got 16mbps. So looks like they have high speed connections in my area (marathalli bridge, purva apartments!!). But for my 8mbps connection, when I check with speedtest.net, the speeds are nowhere close to 8!! the max I get is 6.2 that too rarely. Most of the time its hovering around 3-4 mbps!!