I need a Broadband connection in Powai, Mumbai. Recommendations, please?

• Thread starter Thread starter remenomen
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,619

remenomen

ISP
Fuckin' Airtel.
I've been looking at some plans and data limits, but seem to have found none(except Spectranet) who offer a no-FUP limit or really high FUP limit.

Airtel is a no-go. Reliance is (maybe) a no-go because of their login portal system. I cant use the login portals on my Xbox 360 or my Wii, OR my mobile phones(4 of 'em)

Hathway, again, login-portal, and BSNL, i dont really know anything about them.
I was going to go for Hayai Broadband, until mgcarley informed me of the problems they were having in the Powai area.

I'm used to having a unlimited data plan(I used to live in the UK) so please, no recommendations with measly 8GB FUP limits(Hathway, BOO) or slow 1 Mbps connections.

Willing to pay what is required. (Not absurdly high, though, like Rs 7999 for a 4mbps)

Been checking out Spectranet, as they have been laying cables in my society(Lake Homes) for a while now. They say "No FUP on any plan", however, i am VERY skeptical, because i found this page: spectranet.in/fair-usage.html. It has now been deactivated, because i emailed them about their FUP and mentioned this page.

Cable Broadband in Mumbai, Broadband Plans in Mumbai, Broadband Services in Mumbai Good-looking plans, too.

Help. Need personal experience recommendations.

Fivenet, MTNL, Spectranet. Afaik, spectranet has no fup, neither does mtnl (mix of fup and non fup plans to be exact, only downside is max available speed is 2mbps). Fivenet has some very good plans too (10mbps et al)Stay away from rcom 😉

Sorry, seemed to have missed your posts 🙂Yep, fivenet does not have fup, afaik. The site isn't opening atm, but, since, fivenet is provided through local cable operators, service and downtime will depend on how good your lco is.Else, spectranet and mtnl are good too. Gee, nope, it was something that I chose randomly at that time 😉

Call up hathway rajeshnet too and check their plans too. 25707575/25707676i am using 2 Mbps unlimited, for some 700 bucks.... i get speeds of 200 kbps on torrent download.