Kevin Pietersen part of ESPN STAR Sports' team of television presenters for World T20

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,414

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
He gets what he wanted. Be at the World T20 😛 - Only catch is that he is there as part of TV team instead of England Cricket Team

ICC World Twenty20 2012 : Kevin Pietersen part of ESPN-Star TV team for World T20 | Cricket News | ICC World Twenty20 2012 | ESPN Cricinfo

Kevin Pietersen will be at September's World Twenty20 - not as a player but as part of ESPN STAR Sports' team of television presenters. The news comes soon after it was confirmed that Pietersen would not play the World T20 for England following his spat with the ECB and his team-mates - whose performance he could now be commenting on from the outside.

I like it...

If it is to be believed, he was criticizing his teammates in the background. Now he will do it in the open... :sinister:

I am not sure if it will do good to his English cricketing career. I am wondering if we have seen the last of him in England's dressing room as a player.

Expect him to go the Symonds way and become a freelancer of sorts for T20 leagues.

If he does that he would earn more money than currently earning from ECB...He has done some mistake....but i want him to see in English Team or even in SA team...

Well there has to be a break, i.e 3-4 years(not sure how much & whats the exact rule) before he becomes eligible to play for SAfrica. Not sure if they will be interested in a 36 year old then. Also 3-4 years of freelancing may not help his mindset if that happens.

The ICC's regulations state that a player must reside in the relevant country for a minimum of 183 days for four consecutive years to qualify.

Example: Neil Wagner
Neil Wagner's Eligibity

Imran Tahir, the Nashua Dolphins legspinner of Pakistani origin, has been granted South African citizenship by naturalisation and is now eligible to play for the country. Tahir has also fulfilled the ICC's regulations for representing his new country, having not played for the country of his birth at any level for more than 4 years.

Example: Imran tahir
Imran Tahir's eligibity

Also I remember reading Hamish Marhsall just missed out Ireland's World cup selection for 2011 as he had played in April 2007. Had he last played in say Jan 2007 he would have been eligible as well.

So Aug'2016 is when KP can play for another country (if he stays there & doesnt play Eng domestic and all that)