Microsoft

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 3,307

someone joked that it looks like the 8bit version of the chrome logo. lol.oh wait, i have already made a joke about that 😕

Yea, just that in this case it is the other way round, Chrome's logo and its color combinations are 'inspired' by Windows 😀

almost all the google logos uses the same colors. the nexus logo, chrome logo, wallet logo and so on!

https://imgur.com/6sUMP

man. this is going to be horrible. we can see microsoft suing google for using their colors now.

i still remember the first time i saw google. a web designer colleague used it to search images for his web projects. from what i remember yahoo etc. did not have image search back then. google gained popularity because of their image search engine i think. could be wrong though.

I doubt that image search thing. Those were days when bandwidth was scarce, people really were trying to find their way around. Portals like Yahoo!, MSN, and search engines like Ask Jeeves were messy - some of them still are - and slow. Google on the other hand was FAST. Accuracy concerns apart, they told people that they knew more than billions of pages on the web, leading many to think that these guys know SOMEthing!

i remember using google back then. it is hard to say how it was quality wise considering we did not usually wander around on the web and stayed on the few interesting websites we knew back then. google's simplistic layout did seem weird to me at that time.

It indeed was, because everyone else wanted to show the entire portal on the home page 😀 If I remember right I was told that Google should be used to browse the web - much like many beginners today still type the name of the website into Google, and then go there. I think Google released some stats around these too.

right. google did not have a portal at that time. it still doesn't. igoogle was the closest to what they had and it is being killed too.