Reliance DIA plans-256K ,Rs 1200, unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.

videshi_laloo

hi everyone,

Am just following up with a post ,after a Reliance salesperson dropped by here with their broadband offering about a couple of weeks ago.

In Chennai (in select areas) they are offering the following plans:

128K, unlimited, Rs 750 per month
256K, unlimited, Rs 1200
512K, unlimited, Rs 3000

Installation is Rs1000 (one time payment)

Within 100ft of their eqpt, they provide an ethernet connection if preferred instead of a DSL connection. Plus it is a static IP address.

Moreover Reliance does not force you to also take a voice connection. Shame on Airtel for doing that!

Spoke to two people in Reliance,Chennai including a senior manager and they said that the plan is truly *unlimited*.

Kindly check with Reliance in your city (preferably with a manager) and confirm the tarrif and if the plan is truly *unlimited* with no data or time limits.

After June 30th, if BSNL does not come up with an unlimited plan then Reliance broadband seems to be the best bet.

By then Tata Indicom said they would also be ready here.

AHA!So things have started moving, eh? 😀good good.... now competition starts hotting up!

Ujjwal,Could you please check with a Reliance (preferably a manager in the broadband group) and confirm if in Delhi, for their Consumer DIA broadband plans (at the tariffs posted above) is there a *10GB limit*??The manager here in Chennai, said it was *unlimited*. Prathapml could you also check with Reliance, Bangalore and post a follow-up.

Hi,Yes, I will be interested in looking at options after the BSNL unlimited period gets over... who knows what will happen in the next 3 months!TRAI also recently trying to get broadband prices down... (domestic bandwidth price slash), hope it translates to lower bills...Anyone have contact info for Reliance Consumer DIA plan mentioned above for Bangalore, I am in Indranagar area and I also want to enquire about it.... very interested in the unlimited plan heheCheers,Vishal

Just called Reliance customer care number 3033 3434. They say its LIMITED, NOT UNLIMITED to 10gb per month for all plans.In this case, BSNL rocks! After the unlimited offer is over, I will switch to Home 3300 which is 1 mbps with 10gb limit...But hopefully before then they will make some improvements in the prices/limits...

What ever.....10gb limit or unlimited....Its enough for me atleast...Yes reliance will surely change things for broad band around as it it had doen to mobile telephoney

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@May 10 2005, 09:56 PM
What ever.....10gb limit or unlimited....Its enough for me atleast...Yes reliance will surely change things for broad band around as it it had doen to mobile telephoney
[snapback]9118[/snapback]
[/quote]

You can pull 15GB on a 64k line, 24/7 for a month. 10GB is not appropriate for a 1mbit line.

30Gb -50Gb seems more reasonable. Of course if the limit were that high i doubt most ppl would be so stressed to max out their line, as they currently are with lower offerings.

yea a 30 GB (50 GB is better 😎 limit for a 1 mbps line at about Rs 3000/- per month all inclusive would be a sweet deal for me...

a GB a day sounds like a good deal to me. i would however have to ignore the pr0n.

Status
Not open for further replies.