• Thread starter Thread starter cisco_tech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 6,341

cisco_tech

Regular
ISP
Reliance Wireline Broadband, BSNL EV-DO
Few days ago my 6 years old bsnl connection suddenly stopped working so i logged into router and checked logs. was showing authentication error so i thought it must be temporary problem from NIB. Since i have backup EV-DO i didnt bother that much. but after 2 days i checked again it is still showing same error.

So I called up NIB and gave them my landline number. Rep. said he will call back after checking details. after few mins got call from NIB and asked me to change the username and password. he said add "_cdr" after your current username. and change your current password to "password" :blink:
after entering the details my net started working and i noticed that my IP is now from 117 range. it was previously on 59 range.
again i called them up for clarification about why sudden change ? he said because we are moving all the Home 750UL customers to NIB-2.
did the speedtest and speed now fluctuats between 140-200 KBps.:thumbup:

But now how do i check the usage of my dataone ? i went to the BSNL Portal but i dont have 14 digit portal ID. How do i obtain portal ID ?

Well actually you can't check your usage on data.bsnl.in anymore....You have to follow one of the links for your respective location and then sign up. For example I'm in Bangalore so I have to use the http://selfcare.sdc.bsnl.co.in/selfcare/ site.

Find your location here and follow one of the links:

Dear Hyderabad,Vellore,Kodagu,Tirunelvelli,Hassan,Tuticorin,Thanjavur,Virudhunagar,Salem,Pondicherry,Mandya, Chikmagalur,Nagarcoil,Kumbakonam,Tumkur,Erode,Karwar,Ooty,Bidar,Karaikudi,Dharmapuri,Madurai,Shimoga,Kolar, Gulbarga,Cuddalore,Raichur,Guntur,Sangareddy,Nalgonda,Trichy,Bellary,Bijapur,Mahabubnagar,Belgam Customers.

Dear Bhubaneswar,Kamrup,Balasore,Tezpur,Baripada,Patna,Nagon,Cuttack,Jorhat,Sambalpur,Dibrugarh,Dhenkanal,Kharagpur, Ranchi,Balangir,Sundargarh,Katihar,Kishanganj,Bongaigaon,Phulbani,Bhawanipatna,Khagaria,Tripura,Arrah,Saharsa, Mizoram,Begusarai,Koraput,Samastipur,Hazipur,Berhampur,Bankura,Gaya,Jalpaiguri,Bhagalpur Customers.

Dear Bhopal,Kalyan,Raipur,Nagpur,Ujjain,Gwalior,Jabalpur,Itarsi,Mandsaur,Nasik,Aurangabad,Ratnagiri,Pen,Nanded, Betul,Vidisha,Satara,Dhulia,Shujalpur,Parbhani,Mandala,Ratlam,Morena,Shivpuri,Shahdol,Narsinghpur,Balaghat, Chhatarpur,Akola,Sarguja,Bilaspur,Amravati,Bhir,Bhandara,Raigarh,Rajgarh,Durg,Seoni,Rewa,Jhabua,Buldhana, Gadchiroli,Guna,Yeotmal,Latur,Jagdalpur,Satna,Chhindwara,Dewas,Chandrapur,Khargone,Panna,Khandwa,Indore Customers.

Dear Dehradun,Jammu,Lucknow,Meerut,Jaipur,Shimla,Jalandhar,Barabanki,Bahraich,Ambala,Bhilwara,Chittorgarh, Bhatinda,Uttarkashi,Faridabad,Jhansi,Gorakhpur,Hoshiarpur,Bijnore,Jodhpur,Kanpur,Bharatpur,Allahabad, Jhunjhunu,Karnal,Ropar,Faizabad,Narnaul,Udaipur,Sangrur,Lakhimpur Kheri,Orai,Gurgaon,Patiala,Jhalawar, Udhampur,Bundi,Solan,Nainital,Bareilly,Kota,Ajmer,Sikar Customers.

^^ Thanx for the links.
Loading Portal...
for Gujarat. will see if can get account number to register. because my Bill doesnt have Account Number it is still only have UNIQUE ID and that is not working while registering.

^ Then you won't be able to check usage via the portal, until bsnl gujarat updates its billing systems (it took ~2months at my place). If checking data usage is a must, download some data monitoring tool.

when i tried to register my account for gujarat circle, i got message "Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro!"i am using internet explorer 9@ Cisco tech, i live in ahmedabad and my connection fall under railwaypura telephone exchange and my bill has changed since last 2 billing cycle and my bill now has account number instead of unique id.

Hiren. Good to see ahmedabad ppl on forum. Try to load selfcare website on chrome. It will work fine. Yup even I got to see my paper bill to confirm account and customer number.

Got my account number from my this month's bill. Now when i registered @ BSNL selfcare WDC site. it says they will email me username and password on my provided email ID. But when ? its been more than 10 hours. :dont-know:

I got mine a couple of days later...

when i tried to register my account for gujarat circle, i got message "Sorry, your browser/program is not supported by Web Dynpro!"
i am using internet explorer 9

Use google chrome

@cisco_tech On what numbers did you call the NIB people? The numbers will be helpful to me

I called on 1957.

@cisco_tech from what I know they have been doing that since the end of last year. I don't know your location but here in Pune I got mine changed early this year (as I had disconnected as had gone out for couple of months). Anyways good move by them. Slowly VVOBB would be entering our lives.

@shirish. i am from ahmedabad. worst thing is they dont inform users that they are moving or your ID and Password has been changed but what else you can expect from BSNL ? lol@bajechele I guess so yet my speed is not dropped to 512 but maybe its new month and i am yet to download movies. 😀

NIB aunties are morons. had to register grievance to get Selfcare ID and Pass. Got call from main office and recieved my ID and password in less than 5 mins on my registered mail.